Annual Giving — Phonathon Manager
Wheaton CollegeWheaton, IL
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Phonathon Manager oversees the planning and execution of the Phonathon program and all related contact, funding, relational, supervisory, and evaluative goals to help achieve the annual Wheaton Fund goal.
- Manage day-to-day Phonathon operations, supervising student personnel, facilitating nightly Phonathon shifts, and communicating regularly with the Director on progress toward goals, strategy, and potential challenges.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and coordinate employment of all Phonathon student personnel; manage related payroll and tax paperwork for each employee.
- Facilitate ongoing student training on the essentials of fundraising for the Wheaton Fund and best practices in phone solicitation while maintaining Wheaton’s relational, donor-centric approach to fundraising and our strong commitment to alumni, parents, and friends of the College.
- Create an atmosphere of respect, enthusiasm, empowerment, and professionalism amongst Phonathon student staff to achieve Phonathon goals.
- Customize Phonathon scripts for various constituents, preparing student callers for conversations with all segments of Wheaton’s constituency.
- Monitor caller performance, conducting at least two evaluations with each caller during the course of the academic year.
- In cooperation with the Director, set the annual Phonathon solicitation calendar and strategy to ensure that the phone program supports overarching Annual Giving goals and priorities. Work closely with Annual Giving staff to adapt strategy as needed throughout the year.
- Cooperate with the Advancement Services department to support a streamlined process for pledge and gift processing.
- Manage support technologies related to Phonathon; loading and segmenting files in Campus Call; serving as liaison with vendors; and regularly using report tools to produce historic comparisons and analyze segment performance, caller statistics, and pledge status.
- Research best methods and current trends in the field, implementing strategies for improving the quality and efficiency of the Phonathon.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous management and Phonathon fundraising experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and verbal and written communication skills
- Team player able to collaborate with people internal and external to the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to students and desire to support their development
- Technical competencies, particularly in Excel and Campus Call or similar programs
- Some evening work required
Wheaton College exists to serve Jesus Christ and advance His Kingdom through excellence in liberal arts and graduate programs that educate the whole person to build the church and benefit society worldwide. This mission expresses our commitment to do all things For Christ and His Kingdom. The office of Annual Giving advances this mission by securing gifts to the Wheaton Fund from alumni, parents, and friends.
To apply for this job please visit newton.newtonsoftware.com.
- Next s