Associate Director of The Webb Fund
Posted on 09/11/2017
The Webb SchoolsClaremont, CA
The Webb Schools is a college preparatory secondary school in Claremont, CA, with 413 boarding and day students from 10 states and 17 countries. We seek an energetic, outgoing and skilled individual to join our Advancement Office. The Associate Director will play an integral role in supporting The Webb Fund, Webb’s annual fund, which is poised to achieve growth during the school’s upcoming comprehensive campaign. The position is focused on program execution, volunteer management, and personal solicitation. The Associate Director is part of a team dedicated to advancing the goals laid out in The Webb Schools’ strategic plan.
The Associate Director of The Webb Fund reports to the Senior Director of Development & Alumni Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support and leadership for all aspects of the annual giving program, in order to achieve dollar and participation goals.
- Secure annual gifts through personal solicitation and pledge fulfillment outreach;
- Develop direct mail, social media and digital solicitation plans;
- Assist with staff assignments related to The Webb Fund;
- Manage a portfolio of 50 annual fund leadership prospects;
- Recruit, train and support volunteers who demonstrate an interest, ability and commitment to advance The Webb Fund including: parent class agents, alumni class agents, Alumni Council, and reunion chairs.
- Coordinate special programs such as phone-athons, reunions, senior class gift, and upper-tier sponsorships for parents fundraising event;
- Coordinate comprehensive stewardship program for annual donors;
- With support, create Webb Fund marketing materials, appeal letters, online solicitations, pledge reminders, etc.
- Write for school publications to promote the Advancement priorities;
- Assist in developing donor recognition programs for young alumni and leadership donors to The Webb Fund;
- Assist in preparing annual giving status reports for internal and external distribution;
- Represent the schools at appropriate events on and off campus;
- Some evening and weekend work;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- A. plus minimum of 3 years of development experience preferred;
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be responsive to deadlines;
- Disciplined, results-oriented, self-starter, demonstrating initiative and the ability to work independently
- Persuasive communication skills in writing, in person, and over the telephone;
- Outstanding listening and analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to be knowledgeable and articulate in stating Webb’s mission and vision, and the case for support of its priorities;
- Collegial attitude and willingness to assist wherever needed;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Contribute to supportive team environment;
- Strong aptitude for technology;
- Strong desire for team success.
Professional Qualities of Webb Faculty & Staff:
- Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
- Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
- Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
- Understands boundaries and embraces responsibility for the care of students in loco parentis.
- Promotes a trust-based community by keeping appropriate confidences.
- Manages time effectively and meets deadlines and commitments.
- Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
A valid California driver license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record is required. A criminal background check must be successfully completed before employment can begin.
The physical requirements of this position are those needed to successfully fulfill the job duties and responsibilities described above. As prescribed by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and résumé to:
Laura Wensley, Director of Development & Alumni Relations
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
or fax to (909) 482-5272
This position is “at will”. This means that both Webb and the hired employee have the right to terminate their employment relationship at any time, with or without advance notice, and with or without cause. There is no employment contract, actual or implied.
The Webb Schools are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com