Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Stewardship & Engagement
University of UtahSalt Lake City, UT
The University of Utah announced the public phase of their current fundraising campaign, Imagine New Heights in September 2018. As part of this effort the university’s central Annual Giving team, within Alumni Relations and Constituent Engagement, is expanding to meet the growing needs of the university and individual colleges and units.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Stewardship & Engagement will be a critical member of the Annual Giving team. This person will provide direct supervision and leadership to our phone program, develop and execute a student philanthropy strategy and enhance and carry out annual giving stewardship efforts.
The Assistant Director will be charged with sustaining and improving current efforts and creating new strategies to influence the team’s overall success in the areas of phone/text solicitations, donor retention through stewardship efforts and student engagement. This role directly supervises one full-time Student Philanthropy Center Manager.
- Develop and oversee the university-wide telephone solicitation plan within the University of Utah’s decentralized development structure.
- Work closely with individual colleges and units to coordinate telephone appeal efforts
- Directly supervise an Annual Giving Student Philanthropy Center Manager who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the university’s Student Philanthropy Center with primary responsibility for running the outbound student calling program.
- Develop an annual giving stewardship and engagement strategy based on best practice, including efforts to recognize donor loyalty and generosity.
- Oversees Annual Giving content creation for all stewardship and student philanthropy efforts.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to manage President’s Club communications.
- In collaboration with the Student Alumni Board, develop a campus-wide student philanthropy strategy based on best practice, focusing on efforts to engage and educate current students about the impact of philanthropy on campus. This strategy should also include a student giving component.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Participation & Communication to coordinate annual giving communications.
- Responsibly use professional development resources to stay current on best practices and trends within annual giving.
- Following the purchasing guidelines of the university, manages the biding and selection process of external vendors working on behalf of Annual Giving’s stewardship or student philanthropy efforts.
- Manages partnerships with external vendors to ensure desired and agreed upon expectations are met.
- Develop and oversee sections of the Annual Giving fiscal year budget.
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor information.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, related field, or equivalency; three years of fund-raising experience which includes direct solicitation of contributions, volunteer leadership support, written and verbal presentations, and strategy and market development are required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in grant or proposal writing and a background working with local print and electronic media is preferred. Demonstrated negotiating skills are also preferred.
- Experience working within higher education annual giving or development
- Experience with or an understanding of the organizational structure of a large public university
- Experience working with college students and volunteers, and/or coordinating a broad-based marketing program.
- Superb editing and proof-reading skills
- Proven ability to motivate, engage, and work with students, alumni, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Creativity and ability to motivate large groups.
- Knowledge of complex database systems, automated calling software, Microsoft Office, and market research practices is highly desired.
Please apply online through the University of Utah System to be considered for this job: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/83891
Equal Employement Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Please click here to apply utah.peopleadmin.com.
- Next s