Annual Giving Project Support Specialist
Posted on 11/22/2017
University of the PacificStockton, CA
Under general direction and limited supervision serves as a contributing member of department by: performing advanced strategic project support and basic business analytical work, coordinating Annual Giving solicitation and communication scheduling, reporting, marketing, and stewardship programs. Also provides advanced level administrative support to Executive Director, Annual Giving and other unit staff.
Provides project management support to team members by performing a variety of activities to support a timely completion or deadline.
- Coordinates schedule, activities and deadlines and provides proactive research and support for projects.
- Maintains a comprehensive schedule and coordinates production of communications projects on time and within budget.
- Serves as back up to crowdfunding initiatives and maintenance.
- Support call center operations through human resources paperwork and processes.
- Drafts and tracks process maps and identifies recommendations for resolution/continuous improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal audiences (staff, faculty, students) and external stakeholders (donors, prospective donors, alumni, parents and volunteers) to achieve defined goals.
Provides marketing and communications support for Annual Giving.
- Designs marketing pieces for various Annual Giving communication channels (direct mail, email, online, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit materials for print and electronic based fundraising (cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) pieces.
- Encompass traits of good judgement, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with colleagues and constituents.
- Maintains Annual Giving web site assisting with content development, and supporting website changes & conversion.
- Assists in developing and maintaining Annual Giving’s social media presence.
- Analyze the effectiveness of Annual Giving communications, making critical adjustments and recommendations when necessary.
Develops and implements annual stewardship program for department.
- Implement the process for regularly thanking Annual Giving donors and acknowledging support through paper and electronic channels.
- Develop and enhance stewardship and recognition strategies to increase donor retention, in partnership with Executive Director of Annual Giving.
- Develops and implements activities to support and acknowledge Annual Giving donor recognition societies.
Responsible for strategic implementation and management of Faculty + Staff Campaign.
- Conceptualizes, Develops, implements, manages and evaluates campaign direct mail, e-solicitation, and tracks and oversees face-to-face leadership solicitation component.
- Manages assigned aspects of the marketing plan, including developing messaging, coordinating University announcements, website design, creating form templates, and ensuring content is updated in a timely fashion.
- Develops effective partnerships throughout the University to enhance the understanding of annual giving benefits.
Provides operational support in training and assisting Annual Giving staff on proper data querying and extraction.
- Prepares, analyzes, and summarizes data and statistics, and provides detailed reports to Executive Director with recommendations for continued success.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Annual Giving to develop presentations and reporting metrics for internal and external audiences.
- Facilitates advanced report development in partnership with Advancement Services colleagues as well as industry specific vendors/products such as Reeher, Ruffalo Noel Levitz and others.
Provides and oversees administrative support such as coordinating meetings, preparing minutes and action plans for follow-up, planning events & key activities, managing calendars, ordering and maintaining office supplies, coordinating travel itineraries, monitoring/reconciling the department’s budgets and expenditures, and managing the department’s project management databases and scorecards.
Provides budget and financial support including monthly review of accounts, processing appropriate payment of charges, verifying expenses, monitoring Pro-card activity, and supporting timely submissions of expense payment requests.
Improves technical skills and knowledge by keeping current with new developments, communicating with peers, and attending mutually-agreed upon conferences and training, survey relevant literature.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years experience providing senior level administrative support.
- Knowledge of fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in coordination of multiple projects desired.
- Experience in a fundraising, sales, marketing or technology environment.
- Knowledge of project coordination and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Proactively carries out project support functions, manages time effectively, and has ability to be proactive to anticipate, plan for and communicate needs of the unit.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with Banner databases and report development.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite, advanced experience in Internet navigation and research.
- Excellent conceptual skills and experience in web content management and publishing software.
- Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
- Administrative Support: In-depth knowledge of all administrative function such as the ability to plan for and organize meetings & events, manage multiple schedules, order and maintain office supplies, and understand budgets.
- Business Analysis: Basic ability to support the assessments of business needs & requirements, propose solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing unit needs; generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, and using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Project Management: Basic understanding of project planning; ability to clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines; adheres to project standards defined by project management, accurately employs project methodology and documentation tools; proactively carries out project support /administrative functions; and establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
- Communication: Ability to listen to others and accept input from team members; clearly articulate ideas and thoughts in oral and written format; and accurately prepare and review written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
- Teamwork: Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members; appreciates each team member’s contributions and values each individual member; and takes input from supervisor and other team members and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Technical Understanding: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and has the ability to quickly learn and implement new technology in a fast-paced and ever changing work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting, repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours.
Min $18.81 per hour to Mid $25.30 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10963 →