Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing
Posted on 04/18/2017
University of North Carolina at Chapel HillChapel Hill, NC
The University of North Carolina has enjoyed a long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation’s first public university. Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., Carolina has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization’s collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university. The university is in the early stages of planning its next comprehensive campaign and is currently recruiting top national talent to join the team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing will assist the Associate Director in University Development’s Carolina Annual Giving office through the planning and implementation of direct marketing strategies. Strategies will target annual giving prospects, alumni and donors and will focus on the outreach strategy to acquire, renew/retain, reactivate and upgrade donors as well as stewardship of annual donors. Strategies may include direct mail, email, social media, website and phonathon. This position will have direct contact with University Development colleagues, school and unit colleagues, donors, Design Services and Development Communications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Direct Marketing (65%):
- Assist the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing with planning and implementing overall strategy for direct marketing.
- Coordinate and implement direct marketing efforts (phone, mail, email, social media, and website) that solicit alumni, donors and friends. May include:
- Writing and editing communications and solicitation materials;
- managing print, electronic and web-based content;
- editing and analyzing communications and solicitation material or content prepared by others;
- coordinating the design, creation and production of appropriate annual giving materials including, but not limited to, articles, case statements, brochures, solicitation letters, gift proposals, thank you letters, donor reports, and other fundraising materials;
- ensure that all marketing and solicitation projects are completed, mailed or emailed on-time and error free;
- creating and implementing digital strategies for web-based campaigns;
- managing, coordinating and executing peer-to-peer platform campaigns for both the Carolina Annual Giving office and school/unit colleagues.
- Analyze and report past and present fundraising results for schools/units. Use data to set future direct marketing and annual giving strategy.
- Assist with stewardship strategies for annual donors.
Other Duties (10%):
- As requested by central developments executive director of annual giving, directors of annual or associate directors of annual giving to meet the goals of the department.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Qualifications and Experience Requirement:
Qualified candidates must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external audiences; editing skills; attention to detail; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; the ability to maintain confidentiality; project management skills with the ability to organize and work on multiple and competing projects simultaneously; superior customer service skills for prospects and donors.
Preferably two years of higher education development, direct marketing for higher education or related experience. Candidates should have working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, and Access, and working knowledge of common social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Experience with UNC Chapel Hill’s Davie database (Blackbaud’s CRM) is preferred. Ability to interact effectively in a comprehensive research university setting. The ability to work effectively with a variety of campus departments including consultation and advisement of constituent school and unit colleagues. A high energy level and strong drive to be successful. Ability to think logically and strategically.
Please apply online at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/118316
All candidates must apply online and submit a cover letter and resume.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Additional questions about the application process may be directed to Lisa Waldeck, HR Consultant at 919-962-0015 or [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/118316 →
- Next s