Director of Annual Giving and Retention
University of New HavenWest Haven, CT
The University of New Haven is seeking an energetic Annual Giving professional to join the University’s central Advancement team.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who has experience with annual giving in a higher education setting, including supervisory experience. Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Advancement Operations, the Director of Annual Giving and Retention will support Advancement’s mission: to engage, build, and foster relationships with alumni, parents, friends, and University staff to attract resources and establish a culture of philanthropy to support the best possible educational experience for our students’ success. The Director will lead and supervise a team with two direct reports, the Assistant/Associate Director of Annual Giving and Programmatic Initiatives, and the Associate Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Outreach. He/She will demonstrate an unflagging commitment to help the University realize its annual and long-term goals; increase alumni participation, and cultivate donors in an effort to improve donor retention, engage alumni volunteers, and provide a healthy pool of leadership, as well as planned giving prospects.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines, and evaluation plans for the annual giving program that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual fund donors, leading to increased giving and donor retention.
- Focus on acquisition and retention of annual donors at all levels to grow the University’s Loyal Engaged Annual Donors (LEAD) Society. Manage activities, events, and stewardship for the LEAD Society
- Work closely with Major and Planned Gift officers and Research colleagues to identify annual donors with capacity and inclination to become leadership, major, and planned gift donors.
- Develop a retention and stewardship plan for annual and mid-level donors to bring their giving to its highest capacity.
- Oversee all direct mail and electronic communication efforts, including: concept design, messaging, and segmentation, and works in collaboration with Marketing, designers, printers, and Advancement services to produce and deliver solicitations.
- Integrate direct mail, electronic, and Phonathon solicitations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- The ideal candidate is a strong, collaborative, energetic individual with a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising and at least two years of experience working in an Annual Fund capacity in a university development setting.
- He/She will have demonstrated success in managing and leading a strong multifaceted annual giving program.
- He/She should have strong skills in mass marketing techniques and data analysis.
- He/She demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, and warmly develops relationships with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- A bachelor’s degree and supervisory experience are required.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills. Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs, as well as Raiser’s Edge NXT, Blackbaud NetCommunity, Scalefunder, and experience with HTML editing software is preferred.
Cover letter, resumes, and a list of three current references with their contact information should be emailed to [email protected]. Please reference Search #17-92A in the subject line.
About the University of New Haven
Founded on the Yale campus in 1920, the University of New Haven is a private, coeducational university situated on the coast of southern New England. It’s a diverse and vibrant community of more than 6,800 students, with campuses across the country and around the world.
Within its five colleges, students immerse themselves in a transformative, career-focused education across the liberal arts and sciences, fine arts, business, engineering, public safety, and public service. We offer more than 100 academic programs, all grounded in a long-standing commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary, project-based learning. The University was recently named one of “The Best Colleges in the United States” by the 2018 Princeton Review.
University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next s