Senior Director of Development, College of Business
Posted on 06/12/2018
University of Missouri, St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Working closely with development staff and senior administration, the person in this position will be responsible for planning, developing and executing strategies for obtaining private donations in support of the University. This individual will manage a personal portfolio of 100-140 annual, major, and campaign prospects, cultivating relationships and securing support from donors who are capable of making gifts of $10,000+ to the College of Business Administration.
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of a capital campaign in support of the College of Business. Additionally, the position develops and manages relationships with key volunteers and board members, ensuring a pipeline of active alumni and donors. This position supervises an Associate Director of Development.
- Qualify, develop, and manage a portfolio of 100-140 annual, major, and campaign prospects.
- Work in consultation with senior development team and dean(s) to identify and communicate funding priorities for assigned college.
- Prepare an annual development plan for securing annual (in conjunction with Director of Annual Giving), major and planned gifts, with monthly, quarterly, and yearly activity and progress goals.
- Work with development staff on the stewardship of assigned donors.
- Identify and utilize volunteers, faculty, staff, publications and other resources to identify linkage, ability, and interest of major gift prospects.
- Represent the entire range of University needs and funding priorities to major gift prospects as appropriate.
- Ensure that prospects capable of major gifts are cultivated and solicited in an appropriate and deliberate manner.
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Seven to ten years of fundraising experience required, preferably in higher education. Campaign experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success closing major gift funding, including face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies.
- Ability to build and maintain positive constituent and colleague relationships through constructive communication skills and professionalism.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Effective communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively about the institution.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of the University Advancement team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of external best practices
- Ability to apply lessons learned to tasks
- Ability to learn and growth through developmental opportunities and encourage the growth of others
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
July 5, 2018
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:[email protected].
The University of Missouri, St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including; health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, vacation & sick time accrual, four personal days per year, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, pension and employee & dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefit, please visit http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.umsl.edu.