Assistant Director of Development, Donor Relations
University of Missouri, St. LouisSt. Louis, MO, USA
The Assistant Director of Development, Donor Relations, is responsible for implementing a comprehensive donor relations program in support of fundraising objectives and projects. This position will also serve as the administrative liaison for the University’s Chancellor’s Council.
Donor Relations: 50%
- In coordination with Director of Donor Relations, manage an integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving
- Ensure donors are consistently and appropriate acknowledged and recognized
- Maintain and update Stewardship Handbook
- Coordinate year-end tax mailing
- Manage the integration of video and digital reporting into stewardship efforts
- Create and maintain campus-wide inventory of donor recognition named spaces
- Manage the tribute and memorial program
- Implement a gift acknowledgement program that uses best practices to thank donors in a manner appropriate to the gift, ensuring they are timely, meaningful and documented in the donor’s record
- Write special purpose donor correspondence and other highly customized donor communications, as needed
- Represent the university professionally through written, phone, and personal communications
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
Chancellor’s Council Board Liaison: 50%
- In consultation with Vice Chancellor for University Advancement, manage the logistics of the Chancellor’s Council
- Coordinate and attend committee and main council meetings.
- Coordinate new member orientation program
- Communicate with members about meetings and other Council-related activities
- Prepare talking points for Chancellor and Council Chair
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in development, preferably in higher education.
- Experience in stewarding and cultivating donors and alumni preferred
- Experience in video editing software and email marketing software preferred
- Excellent command of language, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Effective communication skills including ability to write and speak persuasively
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to work independently while also working as a member of the University Advancement team.
Application Deadline: August 14, 2019
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:[email protected].
The University of Missouri, St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including; health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, vacation & sick time accrual, four personal days per year, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, pension and employee & dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefit, please visit http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
Please click here to apply www.umsl.edu.