Executive Director of the Annual Fund
Posted on 11/21/2017
University of MiamiCoral Gables, FL
The Executive Director of the Annual Fund is responsible for the organization, initiation, implementation, and supervision of a comprehensive annual giving program that will maximize current operating support from alumni, parents and corporations; provide for the consistent long-term growth of such support both within and outside of major capital fund drives; and encompass technique of direct mail, phone campaign and personal solicitation, by both the staff and volunteers.
The two key goals for the Annual Fund are increasing the number of alumni and parent donors and increasing the amount of current use dollars raised annually.
- Design and develop a strategic plan and an annual operating plan for the long-term expansion of gift income and alumni and parent donor pools. Strategy would incorporate increasing donor retention and pledge fulfillment and acquisition of young alumni donors and leadership donors ($1K+).
- Serve on the University’s Capital Campaign Steering Committee and develop plans to integrate the annual fund into the structure of the next capital campaign.
- Provide leadership and direction for mail, phone, internet, and social media fundraising strategies while incorporating young alumni and leadership giving strategies within each as appropriate.
- Develop a (inter)national annual fund volunteer structure who’s goals and priorities align with the overall Annual Fund comprehensive strategic plan and the goals and priorities set in an annual operating plan.
- Responsible for the conceptualization and development of a strong Annual Fund brand and messaging. Scope will include but not exclusive to annual fund case statements, all positioning and marketing materials, internet and social media design and messaging. Review and approve all annual giving communications, including direct mail appeals, brochures, postcards, form letter acknowledgments, etc.
- Responsible for the recruitment, retaining, training and developing a strong annual fund team that provides the stability and continuity necessary to insure uninterrupted current operations support at the highest possible levels.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationships with the Division of Advancement including staff in major giving fundraising, special events, gift recording, information technology, and donor relations.
- Work closely with Development Communications and University Communications in coordination of any high-end giving strategies, mass marketing appeals and overall Annual Fund branding.
- Staffs various committees and subcommittees for the Alumni Association Board. Assists Executive Director with any other matters of responsibilities deemed appropriate.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree with major emphasis in Business/Marketing and/or Communications. Five years of experience in annual alumni fundraising or related programs. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered. Proven track record of fundraising, personal solicitations and the development of successful support materials. Previous experience in managing and utilizing complex centralized data base to meet annual fund goals. Previous experience in supervising staff and working with volunteer based support groups and special events coordination. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary, with a philosophy of teamwork and hands on implementation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ability to interact with all types of individuals.
Travel is expected. Knowledge of Access, Excel, Microsoft Word, and demonstrated working knowledge of the philanthropic aspects of tax law is required.
Please visit http://miami.edu/careers and search for position # P00015941.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://miami.edu/careers →