Associate Director, Development
University of IdahoBoise, ID
The associate director for development for the Department of Athletics is responsible for engaging alumni and friends and building meaningful relationships that lead to investment in department priorities, mainly the Vandal Scholarship Fund (VSF ). He/she manages a small portfolio of potential donors, but their primary focus is on annual giving efforts for the VSF . He/she is a key member of the unit fundraising team and works collaboratively to achieve fundraising goals for the Department of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related areas
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development fundraising, inclusive of annual giving
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills
- Possess and demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
- Effective organizational and marketing skills
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications
- Experience, education or working knowledge of collegiate athletics and/or higher education
- Experience with volunteer boards and committees
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
- Higher education advancement experience
- Full time experience working in support of a major fundraising effort
- Proven record of success in fundraising for an athletic department or sports team
- Familiarity with social media platforms in relation to professional communications
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by May 12, 2019.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Please click here to apply apptrkr.com.
- Next s