Applications Administrator II
University of IdahoMoscow, ID
Under the general direction of the director, directs program operations, defines scope of work, outlines utilization of resources and is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the day to day technical operations. This position is also responsible for analyzing complex customer requirements, designing appropriate long-term solutions and implementing those solutions through the application of approved technology, standards and sound software engineering principles; managing and maintaining systems with advancement, providing technical support to power users and other analysts and representing advancement on university wide projects, committees and task forces.
Job Duty Function #1: Administers the Advancement Information Services systems to meet the university’s fundraising and commumication goals by:
- administering the Ellucian CRM Advance application including planning, testing and delivery of system upgrades;
- analyzing customer requirements in collaboration with the central IT staff, advancement technical staff and the director of Advancement Information Services;
- serving as Advancement module leader;
- coordinating with central IT staff regarding customer needs;
- providing technical expertise to University Advancement and the university community as subject matter expert;
- identifying and developing appropriate long-term technical solutions to business needs
Job Duty Function #2: Creates and leads the Advancement programming effort to meet the university’s fundraising and communication goals by:
- performing all aspects of design, analysis, development, testing and implementation of new systems, applications programs and enhancements as well as the appropriate programming tools needed to develop reports and process customer requests;
- resolving complex programming problems and determine appropriate solutions;
- designing, analyzing, building systems of programs, reports and interfaces;
- understanding and applying approved university and industry standards for technology and software development including but not limited to best in the class security principals;
- identifying ways to streamline systems, technology and processes through progressive refinement;
- troubleshooting, testing and resolving complex system and programming problems and determine appropriate solutions
Job Duty Function #3: Provides Application Security for technology utlized in Advancement by:
- regularly reviewing user license compliance;
- managing Ellucian CRM account security;
- staying up to date on the frequent changes to data security, with a focus on a donor and alumni database
Job Duty Function #4: Maintains ability to deliver professional services to University Advancement by:
- learning and using new software;
- using the internet and other resources to keep current on job related technology;
- maintaining and improving skills in the current generation programming languages as well as SQL, reporting systems, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and other SQL Server database techniques
Job Duty Function #5: Provides leadership and contribute to the development of the skills of Advancement staff by:
- providing training and guidance to staff in related areas of expertise;
- working on large projects as part of a focused team;
- representing University Advancement on large university wide projects;
- substituting for director of Advancement Information Services when necessary;
- participating in committees and task forces
Job Duty Function #6: Contributes to a team effort by:
- maintaining professional and technical knowledge of issues relating to advancement services;
- staying current on best practices by accessing information from, and participating in, advancement professional organizations, professional development activities and peer networking as appropriate;
- performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years relevant programming experience
- Experience writing in one or more commonly used current programming languages
- Experience performing systems design and analysis
- Experience managing applications as an administrator
- Experience writing program documentation in accordance with published standards
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related fields plus 2 years related experience OR equivalent combination of related education and experience totaling at least 6 years
- Experience using current programming languages such as C, C++, PL/SQL, Java, Groovy on Grails, Ruby, JSON manipulations, API development, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Experience testing and debugging software
- Familiarity with using and developing in a SAAS/Cloud based environment
- Use of data modeling concepts and database definitions
- Application of up to date security concepts related to technology
- Experience with Ellucian database systems as well as SQL Server and/or Oracle database applications
- Familiarity with Alumni and Development concepts within the framework of a higher education environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and reporting software such as Argos, Crystal Reports, Oracle Developer, Business Intelligence, Cognos, SSRS, etc.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and with co-workers and clients to find appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by October 7, 2019.
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The University of Idaho (U of I) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, U of I does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, genetic information or status as any protected veteran or military status in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions and educational programs.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.