Associate Director of Annual Giving (Marketing and Operations)
University of DelewareNewark, DE
The University of Delaware (UD) is currently in the public phase of Delaware First: The Campaign for the University of Delaware. As part of this effort, the Office of Development & Alumni Relations is building a model fundraising infrastructure to support the team that will meet the growing needs of the University and secure funding for the University’s campaign priorities.
The Annual Giving team is seeking an organized creative professional to lead marketing project from conception to completion. The Associate Director of Annual Giving – Marketing and Operations will guide multiple projects through execution and delivery via print, email and digital channels raising more than $10 million in cash gifts annually. Project management skills a must, excellent writing skills preferred. The Associate Director exercises autonomy in researching, evaluating, developing and executing activities and has budgetary authority over program area.
- Develops and implements strategy for print marketing fundraising for units, programs and departments across the University, including seven colleges, and other appeals in line with the University’s strategic priorities, and exercises creative vision when developing marketing efforts for direct mail. Works directly with Annual Giving staff to create integrated fundraising campaigns for all Annual Giving audiences in conjunction with the Student Phone Program and online solicitation efforts.
- Develops and manages an annual budget, which results in gifts totaling more than $2M annually from more than 7,000 donors.
- Promotes message, purpose and benefits of giving to the University of Delaware.
- Directs, manages and oversees the design, content, packaging and creative for all print marketing appeals. Determines timelines and sets appropriate expectations with clients and colleagues.
- Serves as the Annual Giving content creator for all marketing channels using persuasive and creative writing to encourage current and soon to be donors to give.
- Collaborates with UD Athletics and the Parents Fund to ensure coordination of appeal schedules, messaging and content.
- Negotiates pricing and selects appropriate print and direct mail vendors for production. Manages various vendors to produce highly segmented, customized direct mail appeals with complex variables. This includes written instructions on production efforts.
- Analyzes back-end results and responses. Provides strategy for dashboard analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, English, journalism or related discipline with a minimum of three years fundraising experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in development, alumni relations, event planning, volunteer management or related experience in a university environment preferred. Excellent attention to detail and depth related to specific computer skills including database management and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access). Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with alumni, faculty, staff, students and university administration. Ability to demonstrate commitment to higher education and the ability to articulate a persuasive case for annual, unrestricted support of the University. Highly effective production skills and the ability to stay on task to ensure quality results. Commitment to collaborative teamwork and individual accountability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org