Director of Annual Giving & New Donor Initiatives
University of DaytonDayton, OH
The Director of Annual Giving & New Donor Initiatives is responsible for the strategic execution, leadership, and development of a comprehensive annual giving program at the University of Dayton. The director will have responsibility for managing a team that focuses on increasing the alumni participation rate, retention of donors, and targeted acquisition. The director will be held accountable for achieving annual giving targets, in donors, dollars, and by increasing the number of Front Porch Society members (consecutive donors for 3 or more years). Responsible for the overall direction of the annual giving department, including but not limited to a robust multi-channel direct mail strategy, email solicitations, giving day campaign, faculty/staff campaign, peer-to-peer program, phone/telefund efforts, student philanthropy and young alumni giving, and crowdfunding. The director will bring to the position a strong knowledge and appreciation of annual giving strategies as they pertain to the overall success of advancement initiatives and the campaign goals of University Advancement.
The Director will develop a strong collaboration with University Marketing & Communication, Advancement’s largest partner and liaison, to ensure all Annual Giving projects follow appropriate University brand, messaging, and guidelines. This position will also play a significant role in UD’s comprehensive campaign as Annual Giving will represent an integral component in the overall dollar, participation, and engagement goals.
This position will also be responsible for successful collaboration with diverse groups including internal Advancement teams, external constituents, units on campus including deans, vice presidents and the board of trustees. In addition, the director will develop relationships with outside vendors, be responsible for the budget, and conduct analysis related to all aspects of the annual giving program; using statistical analysis to evaluate current programs and identify and implement opportunities to improve programs and campaign performance.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Annual Giving and Leadership Annual Giving.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years of prior Annual Giving experience
- 2 years of successful supervisor experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act quickly to lead a targeted effort in a complex environment by using analytical, judgement, or problem solving skills
- Success in motivating professional staff and volunteers to meet goals
- Ability to work on a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presentation skills, as well as ability to present before a group
- Ability to work with and analyze large sets of data
- Ability to collaborate with members of multiple units/divisions in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing needs and environment
- A self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess a low risk driving record and be insurable by the University.
- Must be willing to work some weekend and evening hours on occasion.
- 5 or more years of prior annual giving experience, preferably at a higher education institution
- 3 or more years of successful management, preferably within Annual Giving/Development
- Proven experience collaborating with members of Advancement staff and individuals throughout a campus community
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database
- Proven experience in creating and implementing strategies for diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to the University’s Catholic/Marianist character, personal integrity and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability in managing and coaching employees in an inclusive culture
- Ability to complete projects on time and on budget, and report on status and progress
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to balance and move forward multiple projects
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please be sure to address all qualifications in your resume and/or cover letter an application materials.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US on a full time basis.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please click here to apply employment.udayton.edu.