Director, Annual Giving
University of Cincinnati FoundationCincinnati, OH
The Director of Annual Giving is an exempt (salaried) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Executive Director of Annual Giving & Integrated Marketing.
The Director will work closely with the Executive Director of Annual Giving & Integrated Marketing to lead annual giving programs. The Director will manage the Leadership Annual Giving effort (donors giving $1,000-5,000 annually) utilizing a hybrid method of direct marketing and personal solicitation. In addition, this position will manage the University’s Faculty & Staff Campaign. The Director will supervise one full time professional employee.
- Leadership Annual Giving
- Using a hybrid of direct marketing and personal solicitation, secure annual gifts in the $1,000-5,000 range.
- Oversee an effective renewal process to ensure high retention of current McMicken Club members (UC’s leadership annual giving recognition society).
- Create and execute a strategy for acquiring new McMicken Club members.
- Interact with current and prospective members, on the phone, by email, and in person, to solicit gifts and provide active stewardship.
- UC Faculty & Staff Campaign
- Lead the University’s annual Faculty & Staff fundraising campaign with a goal of 50% participation.
- Manage relationships with campaign co-chairs, steering committee members, and key volunteers.
- Recruit and manage a network of volunteer champions across UC’s campuses, providing training and meaningful engagement opportunities throughout the campaign.
- Create and execute a communication strategy, including email and print solicitations.
- Assist in the leadership and management of the annual giving team, including direct supervision of some full time and student employees.
- Assist with select UC Alumni Association initiatives, including but not limited to sponsors/partners program and Loyal Bearcat Society membership.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree with 5-7 years of experience in higher education development, annual giving or stewardship is preferred, or advanced degree preferred with 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability to lead committees, prepare and deliver presentations, and manage relationships with internal and external partners and students.
- Ability to analyze data in order to develop solicitation strategies and measure outcomes.
- Ability to create and execute viable strategic plans; including moves management plans.
- Knowledge and experience using fundraising databases required. Experience with Blackbaud CRM preferred.
- Organizational ability and timeliness. Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, produce quality work and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Self-motivated, team-player.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, professionalism, integrity, honesty and accountability.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required for travel.
This position is considered to have light work. Exerting up to 20lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up a negligible of force constantly to move objects. This position requires the operation of a motor vehicle. This position also requires:
- Finger use
- Repetitive motion of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers
While performing the duties of this job, this position is subject to outside environmental conditions and indoor conditions.
Please click here to apply workforcenow.adp.com.
- Next s