Digital Marketing Specialist, Annual Giving
Posted on 05/18/2017
University at AlbanyAlbany, NY
The UAlbany Fund, in the Division of University Development, is hiring a Digital Marketing Specialist. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Design digital media campaigns that align with the UAlbany Fund’s goals of increasing engagement and philanthropic support
- Manage brand awareness and digital content as it relates to the UAlbany Fund
- Design and implement a comprehensive social media strategy for the UAlbany Fund and Division of University Development in coordination with, and utilizing the existing channels of, Alumni Association and Marketing & Communications
- Maintain and manage digital content calendar
- Serve as liaison to the Alumni Association, Marketing & Communications, and various committees with regard to UAlbany Fund initiatives, communications and events
- Manage a core group of social media volunteers with the goal of encouraging peer-to-peer engagement and solicitation
- Attend university events to provide live updates on social media channels and promote university brand
- Lead the student and young alumni philanthropy initiatives and bolster efforts in this area, including a focused strategy on engaging student leaders and transitioning these individuals to become key volunteers
- Assist schools and colleges with fundraising initiatives via crowd funding, social media, promotional days (#givingtuesday, Philanthropy Day) and the incorporation of philanthropic messaging into existing constituent-based events and communications
- Identify opportunities for applying new technologies, digital products and services to UAlbany Fund campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications or relevant field, from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects and take initiative
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- At least one year of previous annual fund or development experience
- Prior experience in an institution of higher education or not-for-profit setting
- Prior experience in designing, implementing or executing a social media campaign
- Prior graphic design experience
- Experience using the software platforms, iModules and Colleague
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.). See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website. Returning Applicants – Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=84234 →
- Next s