Call Center Manager
Posted on 05/11/2018
University at AlbanyAlbany, NY
The University at Albany is seeking an advancement professional to oversee operation of its UAlbany Fund call center. Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Giving, the Call Center Manager will provide leadership to approximately 60 student callers, student managers and supervisors, demonstrating mastery of automated calling software in order to train employees, troubleshoot problems, assess productivity and boost program performance.
Other duties include: assisting in student caller recruitment, orientation and training plan; ensuring materials are available, calling pools and scripts are assigned, and priorities are understood by call center staff; and assessment of caller performance, providing constructive evaluation for improvement and growth in order to ensure maximum productivity.
The Call Center Manager is also charged with assisting the Associate Director in developing comprehensive, up-to-date materials (calling manuals, policies, and weekly call center progress reports for development staff), and coordinating with data entry and direct mail staff for timely processing of pledges, gifts, and biographical data. In addition, the Call Center Manager will coordinate with Annual Giving staff in the formation of various projects through the call center, digital media and direct mail and maintain principal accountability for student philanthropy initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization is required
- Minimum 2 years fundraising call center experience at a college or university
- Experience with telemarketing and payment processing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Proficiency with Ruffalo Noel Levitz’s CampusCall and NetPay is highly desirable
- Experience managing student employees in a call center setting
- Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=97173
- Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Writing sample
- Names and contact information for three references
- Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
- See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
- Returning Applicants – Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.
- Closing date for receipt of applications: June 1, 2018
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit albany.interviewexchange.com.
- Next s