Director of Engagement and Participation (LAS)
University of Illinois at ChicagoChicago, IL
The Director of Engagement and Participation provides leadership in creating and implementing strategies that build a long-term base of support for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). The Director’s primary responsibilities are to develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-year plan to increase annual financial support from alumni and friends and to lead the College’s alumni and friends engagement programs. Duties include the development, design and implementation of annual giving and marketing activities; creation of new avenues for alumni and friends to establish and maintain connections with the college via social media, web and other technology platforms; oversight of the planning and execution of alumni and friends engagement events and the opportunity of grow and manage a portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects and donors as well as other assignments. The Director reports to the Assistant Dean for Advancement – LAS and works collaboratively with other areas of UIC Advancement to maximize fundraising and engagement potential.
Job Knowledge and Skills, Education, Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of five years prior experience and proven success in annual fundraising, alumni and/or volunteer leadership, advancement or related field, preferably in institutions of higher learning or non-profits. Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgement and discretion in the performance of all work assignments.
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing segmentation strategies, based on market research, and leading effective message development.
- Experience working with board members, key volunteers, and internal leadership in building a community of engaged alumni.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines while staying on task with daily assignments.
- Experience using social media and web-based strategies to promote alumni and friends engagement and participation efforts. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as proficiency with an Internet browser. Ability to quickly learn fundraising tracking software.
Located in the heart of one of the world’s great cities, the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is the city’s only Carnegie Research 1 public university. UIC has 30,000 students, 15 colleges, a law school, a hospital and a health sciences system.
As the largest undergraduate college at UIC, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) offers a diverse community of actively engaged scholars and students across the natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities, as well as interdisciplinary and pre-professional areas of study. LAS houses 25 departments and more than 350 tenure-track faculty members. The college serves more than 10,000 students and offers a unique learning environment that combines wellrespected academic programs and faculty with innovative research opportunities and easy access to Chicago’s rich urban setting.
UIC is recognized as having one of the most ethnically and culturally rich college campuses in America. UIC is federally designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) through its status as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
For fullest consideration, please complete an on-line application at https://jobs.uic.edu ( click on the job board an then the job) which includes the names and email addresses of three references and upload a cover letter and resume by August 27, 2019. For additional information on the position, please contact Wendy Irvine at [email protected]
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uic.edu.