Director of Annual Giving
Posted on 01/19/2018
UC RiversideRiverside, CA
Reporting to and working closely with the sr. director of annual giving and prospect research, the director of annual giving plays a key role in building UC Riverside’s annual giving program. S/he will help conceive, design, and drive effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for; the content and dissemination of annual appeals/direct mail, Day of Giving, and the annual fund. The director of annual giving builds strong relationships both internally and externally, and applies this ability in the execution of the key principles of donor cultivation and engagement. S/he understands organizational budgets and conceptualizes annual giving analyses, and is proficient in utilizing this knowledge to manage report generation and recommendations for Senior Leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
- Advanced degree. Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience. Required
- 3 years in fundraising and/or annual giving or a record of demonstrated achievement within a major research university environment. Preferred
- Expert knowledge and understanding of general issues in higher education and campus specific issues.
- Expert skill to quickly identify and develop strategies to effectively communicate the institution’s message.
- Expert knowledge of alumni, internal and external constituencies, including their composition and areas of concern.
- Expert level written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including attentive listening skills and skill to ascertain constituency perception.
- Expert skill to recognize potential areas of constituency concern and skill to effectively address, resolve and/or mitigate problems or issues.
- Expert level analytical and decision-making skills, sound judgment and highly developed political acumen.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and concepts of building and maintaining effective relationships with alumni and key constituencies to achieve institutional goals and objectives.
- Expert, thorough, in-depth knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the campus, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, infrastructure, history, long-range strategic plans, current issues of concern, accomplishments and awards.
- Demonstrated success at meeting predetermined goals and objectives through effective program/project planning, organization, execution and evaluation.
- Proven success at fundraising by developing and implementing strategic plans that incorporate a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with institution goals.
- Strong knowledge of direct mail. social media, e-solicitation, and stewardship and the acknowledgement process.
- Ability to work effectively with deans and directors, academic and University leaders and colleagues to achieve goals.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge NXT or other CRM databases.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside’s Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns “Great Schools, Great Prices.”
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as “the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world’s top 500 universities.”
U.S. News and World Report’s Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education – 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering – 71st among ranked schools
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://irecruitportal.ucr.edu/irecruit/!Controller?action=jobs_webui.show_page&page=jobs_detail&requisition_id=201711273524&profile_id=&module=jobs →