Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving, UCI School of Medicine
University of California at IrvineIrvine, CA
Reporting to the Senior Executive Director Alumni Relations, Engagement & Annual Programs, the Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving for UCI’s School of Medicine is responsible for managing School of Medicine alumni relations and annual giving programs, including but not limited to Health Science Partners. The Associate Director coordinates all School of Medicine Alumni Board activities, alumni-related events, and alumni communications. The Associate Director also plans, executes and evaluates activities to ensure that appropriate identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies are implemented and that donor relations and fundraising goals are met in accordance with Alumni, Health Sciences Partner, and other programs. The Associate Director works closely with the Executive Director UCI Health Advancement and Health Advancement staff. In addition, the Associate Director works with University Advancement, the central Alumni Association, and School of Medicine faculty and staff to maximize opportunities with SOM Alumni and Health Science Partners.
The Associate Director will identify and involve new prospects in the Health Advancement, with a primary focus on alumni and parent prospects. This position will meet regularly with other Health Advancement staff to evaluate the major gift potential of new prospects and to develop cultivation strategies for identified major gift prospects. This is a highly visible position and the Associate Director will be expected to make frequent contacts and visits with alumni, donors, and prospects.
Essential Function 1: Alumni Relations & Fundraising (75%)
- Responsible for developing and implementing an annual business plan that includes performance goals, benchmarks, and outcomes related to, but not limited to, annual and leadership annual giving goals, alumni relations and constituent engagement.
- Staff the alumni volunteer board working closely with current and incoming alumni presidents. Work with and staff board members to develop annual plans, board events, annual budgets and fundraising goals. Cultivation and stewardship of Alumni Board members. Recruitment and development of new Alumni Board members and volunteers.
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and recruitment of new alumni, and Health Science Partners, to the SOM Chapter Alumni, Health Science Partners.
- Stewardship of existing alumni members, Health Science Partners, by keeping in regular contact with them and inviting them to UCI events, including School of Medicine and UCI Medical Center events.
- In coordination with the senior director of development, and executive director, health advancement, identify prospective major gift donors and partner to develop cultivation and stewardship strategies. Prospects may include alumni, resident alumni, parents of medical students, volunteer faculty, and grateful patients. Assist with the coordination with other Health Affairs advancement staff and faculty.
- In coordination with the Sr. Executive Director Alumni Relations, Engagement & Annual Programs, develop pipeline and step-up strategies for special gifts ($1-25k) and target those existing donors to increase their giving.
- Collaborate on prospect identification and coordination with University Advancement Staff.
Essential Function 2: Community Outreach (15%)
- Identify targeted constituencies who are good prospects for Alumni, Health Science Partners, and Research Associates membership. Plan community outreach strategies appropriate to each program and prospect.
Essential Function 3: Administration (10%)
- Utilize the Advance system to thoroughly and accurately record donor and prospect contacts, cultivation plans and cultivation status.
- Ensure all gifts are properly documented and acknowledged with necessary documents for the acceptance of gifts. Compose acknowledgment letters.
- Renew pledges through mail and personal solicitations.
- Update advancement database.
Required Skills Knowledge And Abilities:
- Experience preferably in a university or health care setting.
- 2-3 years of work experience in an alumni relations and/or fundraising environment.
- General knowledge of fundraising and the principals and practices of alumni relations and annual giving programs.
- Effective communication skills in order to represent the university and the School of Medicine orally and in writing to constituencies internal and external to the university.
- Strong analytical skills to identify develop strategies to enhance alumni relations program and increase fundraising among alumni and other prospects.
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate effectively to internal and external constituencies.
- Skills utilizing personal computer, including Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to meet annual performance goals and measures.
- May work occasional evenings and weekends.
- May be required to drive on occasion in order to perform the routine or essential job responsibilities for the position.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and participate in the DMV Pull Notice Program.
Desired Skills Knowledge And Abilities:
- Experience working with fundraising relational donor database.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A top public university, UCI has become internationally-recognized for improving lives through research and discovery, fostering excellence in scholarship and teaching, and engaging and enriching the community. With efforts currently underway to prepare for UCI’s next multi-billion dollar campaign, the university seeks to strengthen contributions in research, education, and service; accelerate the university’s place among globally preeminent research universities; and bring together passions, skills, and creativity to further improve people’s lives.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Please click here to apply www.Click2Apply.net.