Call Center Manager
Posted on 06/13/2018
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Call Center Manager, Annual Giving Campaigns is a professional position reporting directly to the Director of Annual Giving Campaigns. The Call Center Manager is responsible for administering an effective and dynamic calling program as a strategic part of the University’s Annual Giving Campaigns program. The Call Center Manager will oversee the Annual Giving Campaigns outbound Call Center (located at 2510 Calhoun Street, New Orleans, LA 70118) and supervise a staff of approximately 50 part-time Student Callers who are part of the team that contacts Tulane University alumni, parents, friends and other constituents, via phone, to secure financial contributions, secure record updates, and share university updates. This person will supervise and provide direction to student callers and Student Supervisors and participate in planning and executing the Call Center component of the overall Annual Giving Campaigns strategy, as determined by management. The Call Center Manager is solely responsible for Student Caller recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, monitoring, scheduling, retention, supervision, and discipline. The Call Center Manager will also ensure the Call Center consistently adheres to departmental policies and procedures set forth by the Annual Giving Campaigns department, Tulane University, and laws that govern calling in each state.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities/competencies typically needed to perform this job successfully:
- Professional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of students, administrators, staff, faculty, alumni and volunteers.
- Ability to have a positive, achievement-oriented attitude and persistent, proactive work ethic
- Computer knowledge of both hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel, and a willingness to learn new computer programs such as the Call Center software
- Ability to work with data for planning and evaluation and have a comfort with numbers and statistics
- Ability to supervise and manage a team of 50 part-time Tulane students
- Ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive donor giving information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to take initiative, have initiative, and drive a team to achieve goals
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability and desire to work a 1p to 10p Sunday Thursday work schedule with other hours necessary at non-traditional times to assist with Tulane sponsored events (weekend Homecoming/Reunion celebrations, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree OR High school diploma or equivalent of 6 year’s direct experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Telemarketing experience and/or experience as a student caller
- Experience in a research university environment
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education
- Knowledge of various software systems, such as Word, Excel, and a prospect management database
How To Apply
Click “Apply Now” to apply for this job. This position will close on Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
To apply for this job please visit selfservice.tulane.edu.
- Next s