Assistant Director School of Medicine Annual Giving
Posted on 07/12/2018
Tulane UniversityNew Orleans, LA
The Assistant Director, Tulane School of Medicine Annual Giving is a professional fundraising position reporting directly to the Director of Development, School of Medicine. The position will work with the Director of Development to develop and execute an annual giving strategy aimed at increasing unrestricted support for the School of Medicine, with a particular focus on leadership ($1,500+) annual giving. The Assistant Director will develop and lead initiatives that create a viable annual giving program for Tulane School of Medicine and will help to support Tulane School of Medicine reunion efforts. The position will identify donors at all levels and work collaboratively to recruit and manage reunion volunteer leaders. This position will collaborate closely with the Tulane Fund and Development Communications staff to raise unrestricted funds through mail, email, phone and social media channels. The position will work closely with the School of Medicine major gift officers, alumni relations staff, and other departments within the Office of University Relations and Development. The position will actively collaborate with the Professional School Annual Giving and Campus-wide Annual Giving teams.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities/competencies typically needed to perform this job successfully:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills required including the ability to manage multiple demands and multiple projects
- Ability to travel substantially and attend events on weekends and evenings
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Ability and commitment to serve as a positive, contributing member of the Development team
- Knowledge of various software programs, such as MS Word and Excel
Bachelors degree and 3 years direct fundraising experience in the solicitation and closing of gifts, or transferrable experience. Transferrable experience includes marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales
High school diploma or equivalent, and 9 years direct fundraising experience in the solicitation and closing of gifts, or transferrable experience. Transferrable experience includes marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales
- Must understand the basic principles and policies of private giving, including confidentiality
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education
To apply for this job please visit selfservice.tulane.edu.