Assistant Director, Student and Young Alumni Giving
Posted on 08/08/2017
Tufts UniversityMedford/Somerville, MA
Tufts University Advancement is looking for an Assistant Director of Student and Young Alumni Giving as part of the Tufts Annual Giving Team. The Tufts Annual Giving Team (TAG) is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of a comprehensive annual fundraising program, with an emphasis on leadership annual giving, class-based reunion fundraising, and volunteer-driven fundraising. Working with current students through our most recent graduates this position will have the opportunity to lead student giving initiatives and young alumni participation through volunteer engagement, exciting giving challenges and unique events. See how a viral marketing campaign had a tremendous impact on young alumni giving: tuftsalumni.org/marchtothetop. You will help create the next campaign!
- 3-5 yrs of professional experience in volunteer management, fundraising/development or alumni relations.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including Word and Excel. Some complex database experience is required (Access, Advance, Millenium, Razor’s Edge, etc.)
- Must be proactive, articulate, personable, well-organized, service-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- A solid understanding of social media engagement strategies.
- Must be responsive and service oriented to internal (Faculty, Administrators, Staff, etc.) as well as external constituents (alumni, donors, etc.).
- Experience in annual giving is preferred.
- Familiarity with Access and Advance (or comparable donor and information management system) is highly desirable.
- An aptitude for and commitment to learning new systems and applications is preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements: Periodic evening and weekend work will be required, domestic travel.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer. Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.
- Next s