Associate Director, Annual Giving – Marketing and Operations
The University of DelawareNewark, DE
The University of Delaware (UD) is currently in the public phase of Delaware First: The Campaign for the University of Delaware. As part of this effort, the Office of Development & Alumni Relations is building a model fundraising infrastructure to support the team that will meet the growing needs of the University and secure funding for the University’s campaign priorities.
As a critical member of the Annual Giving team, the Associate Director, Annual Giving – Marketing and Operations will sustain current and create new strategies to influence the team’s overall success resulting in $10 million in cash gifts annually from over 25,000 donors by June 2020. The Associate Director exercises autonomy in researching, evaluating, developing and executing activities and has budgetary authority over program area.
- Develops and implements strategy for direct mail fundraising for units, programs and departments across the University, including seven colleges, and other appeals in line with the University’s strategic priorities, and exercises creative vision when developing marketing efforts for direct mail. Works directly with Annual Giving staff to create integrated fundraising campaigns for all Annual Giving audiences in conjunction with the Student Phone Program and online solicitation efforts.
- Develops and manages an annual budget, which results in gifts totaling more than $2M annually from more than 7,000 donors.
- Promotes message, purpose and benefits of giving to the University of Delaware.
- Directs, manages and oversees the design, content, packaging and creative for all direct mail appeals. Determines timelines and sets appropriate expectations with clients and colleagues.
- Serves as the Annual Giving content creator for all marketing channels using persuasive and creative writing to encourage current and soon to be donors to give.
- Collaborates with UD Athletics and the Parents Fund to ensure coordination of appeal schedules, messaging and content.
- Negotiates pricing and selects appropriate print and direct mail vendors for production. Manages various vendors to produce highly segmented, customized direct mail appeals with complex variables. This includes written instructions on production efforts.
- Analyzes back-end results and responses. Provides strategy for dashboard analysis.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, English, journalism or related discipline with a minimum of three years fundraising experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in development, alumni relations, event planning, volunteer management or related experience in a university environment preferred. Excellent attention to detail and depth related to specific computer skills including database management and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access). Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with alumni, faculty, staff, students and university administration. Ability to demonstrate commitment to higher education and the ability to articulate a persuasive case for annual, unrestricted support of the University. Highly effective production skills and the ability to stay on task to ensure quality results. Commitment to collaborative teamwork and individual accountability.
For a complete list of requirements and job duties and to apply online, please visit our web site at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs . Reference number (Job ID) 105397.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from minority group members, women, individuals with a disability and veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html. Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.udel.edu.
- Next s