Associate Director, Annual Giving Programs
Posted on 07/20/2018
The New SchoolNew York, NY
Reporting to the Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving Programs will develop and implement a range of effective solicitation strategies. He/she will direct the annual fund operation, and be tasked with overseeing the creation and implementation of the university’s annual fund and individual giving programs.
- Lead the implementation of annual giving strategies, activities, and timelines to solicit contributions from alumni, parents, friends, and other constituents for The New School Annual Fund
- Create and execute a comprehensive annual giving marketing plan using (but not limited to) direct mail, email, social media, advertising, phone, text, and volunteers
- Direct the university’s crowdfunding strategy and oversee the launch and management of volunteer- led campaigns
- Produce targeted solicitations and develop compelling copy and visuals for all marketing channels to increase alumni participation, broaden the donor base, and reach annual revenue targets for all annual giving programs
- Supervise the Annual Fund Operations Manager and provide direction for the The New School Phonathon
- Set Annual Fund goals and identify benchmarks for measuring progress acquiring and retaining donors, and increasing their support
- Analyze reports and giving data to evaluate the effectiveness of program areas, making recommendations for future success, and report ROI to senior leadership
- In collaboration with Advancement Services develop strategy and oversee management of all annual giving stewardship efforts including the 1919 Associates and Alvin Johnson Society
- Research best practices for donor re-engagement and acquisition, and present creative and cost- effective ideas to grow Annual Fund revenue and participation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years working in development, sales, or marketing, preferably at a university or cultural institution
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication
- Proven experience managing complex projects
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with HTML, digital design, email service providers
- Knowledgeable working with databases, Banner preferred
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well- being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
To apply for this job please visit careers.newschool.edu.