Director, Participation and Direct Response Annual Giving
The George Washington UniversityWashington, DC
Job Description Summary:
The Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) is seeking a Director of Participation and Direct Response Annual Giving for the George Washington University within the Office of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving. DAR is responsible for leading the university’s alumni and fundraising efforts and seeks to promote a culture of philanthropy throughout the university community, including alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, corporations and foundations, patients and other friends. Our goal is to advance GWUs mission of excellence in education, research, scholarship, and patient care.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Annual Giving, the Director, Participation and Direct Response Annual Giving is a senior annual giving role that is responsible for leading annual giving efforts across direct mail, digital, and phonathon channels to reach annual giving goals on behalf of the entire university. This position provides direction in designing, implementing, and evaluating annual giving initiatives whose purpose is to build a long-term base of support for the University. This critical work includes omni-channel direct marketing activities to acquire, re-activate, retain, and upgrade annual donors with an emphasis on growing GW’s alumni participation, donor retention rate, and dollars raised. This is a leadership role that will be active and collaborative across central and school-based teams in DAR to deploy resources to maximize resources and grow GW’s base of annual donors.
- Develops and maintains GW’s annual giving omni-channel plan and deploys staff and operating budget resources to execute a best-in-class program and achieve fundraising goals.
- Partners with colleagues in Marketing Communications to direct a high volume of activities across direct marketing and digital channels efficiently and with measurable outcomes.
- Working with annual giving and DAR leadership, sets aggressive but attainable goals for growing GW’s annual donor base through omni-channel campaigns.
- Liaises closely with school and unit colleagues to drive annual giving strategy, set aggressive goals, and determine messaging and fundraising strategies.
- Collaborates closely with critical partners, including staff in Marketing Communications, Donor Relations, and school/unit based fundraising teams to build buy-in and maximize annual giving outcomes for undergraduate and graduate alumni, parents, and friends of the institution.
- Manages a direct annual giving marketing budget to maximize efficiencies and ensure that projects are on-time and on-budget.
- Develops key strategies for different annual donor segments to retain long-term donors and acquire new donors based on affiliation, class year, and interest and cultivates buy-in for these strategies.
- Liaises closely with Technical Services and Constituent Records staff to extract data; prepares, analyzes, and manipulates data for highly segmented annual giving campaign; maintains data integrity and identification of solicitable alumni counts; collaborates to provide alumni participation statistics and reports.
- Directs key process enhancements, in collaboration with annual giving staff and other partners to devise ask amounts, manage appeal codes and analysis, and other key functions that support the overall annual giving program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 6 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 4 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- The ideal candidate is a tested annual giving professional with experience managing complex annual giving campaigns to drive results and meet expectations of a large institution.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple large-scale projects, plan ahead, and unify efforts across multiple teams is desired.
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills; attention to detail; demonstrate high initiative and flexibility, and ability to work with different types of people and functional areas.
- Experience interpreting data and communicating results is also desired. Candidates who are eager to play a leadership role in expanding GW’s donor base and building a best-in-class annual giving omni-channel operation.
Please click here to apply www.gwu.jobs.
- Next s