Smith Fund Assistant Director
Smith CollegeNorthampton, MA
Manage the Smith Fund’s numerous marketing platforms, including direct mail, email, texting and crowd-funding campaigns. Work to transform our annual fund efforts to engage alumnae, family and friends of Smith College through more customized and personalized segmentation as new marketing technologies becoming available. Develop and work with strategic reports and data analysis to optimize fundraising and participation results and supervise a Program Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary manager of the Smith Fund’s broad-based solicitations to secure annual philanthropic support from alumnae, families and friends of the college. In partnership with the Director, design and execute the Smith Fund’s mail, email, texting and crowd-funding efforts. This includes oversight of outreach to special populations, such as time-sensitive challenge initiatives, use of video, graphic layout and design, and digital content. Work closely with the Director to determine strategies that engage and inspire donors to participate in annual giving to the college. Develop solicitation strategies, determine appeal segmentation, and develop production timelines. Coordinate the content and timing of Smith Fund appeals with overall advancement strategies for alumnae and family engagement/philanthropy. Catalyze and adapt marketing efforts to respond to rapidly changing trends in annual giving and to technology tools as they become available to the Smith Fund.
- Serve as lead liaison to mail houses and other vendors. Oversee the work of the Program Coordinator who supports mail and email appeals. Creatively manage crowd funding and texting campaigns for the Smith Fund, and support campus partners with related campaigns as assigned.
- Hire and oversee student assistants, as necessary. Research best practices at peer institutions. Other duties as assigned.
Analysis and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly, annual, and campaign-specific reporting for the Director, including analysis of results by segment. Based on these analyses, make recommendations for appeal strategies. Work with Advancement Systems Director to request or adjust reporting to meet Smith Fund departmental needs, and to learn and transition to new software and systems as applicable. Train other staff on these technologies, including the Program Coordinator. With the Director, oversee the departmental budget for these components of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years relevant experience and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience in high volume direct marketing program with a clear record of accomplishment and strong measurable results. Experienced user of Adobe Creative design software, Excel, CRMs, automated marketing software, and integrated databases.
- Outstanding leadership, management, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and oral/written communication skills. Able to function as a team player and be comfortable in a fast-paced and results-driven environment, while effectively planning and executing a challenging array of program initiatives. Ability and willingness to occasionally travel. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Smith College is an EO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next s