Assistant Director of Major Gifts
Siena CollegeLoudonville, NY
Siena College is seeking a top frontline fundraiser in the role of Assistant Director of Major Gifts to engage alumni, parents and friends as partners in supporting the mission of Siena College. This administrator will join a successful team of development professionals who are focused on building our pipeline for a future Campaign.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned portfolio of 150 major gift prospects; develop ongoing relationships with these prospects and donors throughout the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process with the goal of soliciting and closing gifts of $25,000+
- Travel to conduct 10 face-to-face meetings per month with those in assigned portfolio
- Record all interactions and plans in the donor database, ensuring a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Participate and assist where needed with cultivation events
- Utilize prospect research and other strategies to determine giving capacity and identify areas of philanthropic interest of assigned prospects
- Build effective and substantive relationships with alumni, parents, friends, administration, faculty, coaches and other constituents to foster engagement, participation and support for Siena College
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of successful frontline fundraising experience, or a demonstrated comparably successful track record in a related career
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and peers within the college leadership, as well as external partners and volunteers
- Possess strong technical skills which include proficiency with Windows, the Microsoft Suite, Google and Banner or comparable constituent/donor database.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Affinity with the overall mission of Siena College
- Must have flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and insurability at the time of appointment and must maintain such license and insurability throughout the tenure of employment.
- Travel is expected to be 50% of the year. Travel will be US domestic but not limited to a single territory.
- A background screening will be required.
Siena College offers competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a retirement plan and tuition benefits.
Siena College is a Franciscan and Catholic institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and to make a positive contribution to that mission.
Siena College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: http://siena.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=112354
To apply for this job please visit siena.interviewexchange.com.
- Next s