Associate Director of Commercial Services
San Jose State UniversitySan Jose, CA
Another Source’s client, San Jose State University, is recruiting an Associate Director of Business Operations (internally titled: Associate Director of Commercial Services) to join their team.
Here’s a little about San Jose State University and the position they are recruiting for:
San Jose State University is a destination for dreamers, innovators and high achievers. Our campus sees countless new discoveries every day—from faculty members cutting-edge research to students who discover new passions in the classroom. SJSU boasts a rich and diverse student body with students from different backgrounds including local standouts, first-generation students, ethnically diverse students, and international students.
The University is proud to offer a generous compensation and benefits package all in an environment where personal and professional development is encouraged. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
The Associate Director of Commercial Services is responsible for the university strategic services in the following areas: commercial services, real estate services, and shared services (Spartan Shops Inc. and other University entities, etc.). The position is responsible for providing solutions and value to the SJSU community and supports achieving the university’s mission and goals.
- Develops and implements business plans for assigned commercial contracts and services
- Oversees activities including contract performance, revenue goals, and administration for assigned units and shared services projects
- Coordinates between vendors for all contracts and services as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of commercial contracts and revenue contracts, including analysis, evaluation, and reporting
- Collaborates with business units in the development of appropriate sourcing and revenue projects
- Ensures compliance with accounting, contracting, risk, and related units in the performance of business plans
- Prepares and documents budget plans and reports, revenues and expenses, and performance measures
- Develops and implement management plans for assigned property assets
- Oversees property management contract including property maintenance, repair, renovation; and financial goals
- Recommends, justifies, and coordinates projects that enhance the property management plan including any improvements
- Responsible for lease administration including maintaining knowledge of lease agreements topics like CPI increases, escalations, recoveries, risk, and other special conditions
- Prepares and manages financial reports including tenant billing, occupancy rates and lease expirations, operating budgets, and expenditures
- Ensures emergency evacuation procedures are in place and review regularly with tenants and campus
- Ensures compliance with accounting, contracting, risk, and related units in the performance of business plans and tenant management
This is a position in the CSU – Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in commercial services, real estate services, or purchasing, including direct involvement in contract management and negotiation
- Public sector contract administration experience
- Property management experience
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience using PeopleSoft purchasing module
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and property management practices
- Ability to read, analyze, write, and review contracts and leasing agreements
- Excellent customer service and public relations skill
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt effective course of action
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Skilled in strategic planning and problem solving
- Ability to perform responsibilities with integrity, professionalism, and courtesy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Every applicant who reaches the final level of interviews will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university’s third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Please click here to apply www.Click2Apply.net.
- Next s