Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations
Posted on 04/17/2017
Rivier UniversityNashua, NH
Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations executes a comprehensive program to connect alumni with the University and to generate philanthropic support. In addition to managing a portfolio of alumni donors, the Director executes all annual giving programs and initiatives with the goal of increasing revenue and enhancing participation rates. Through the development of events and programs, the Director creates and fosters opportunities for alumni engagement.
- Manage a portfolio of alumni donors and prospects, developing effective cultivation and personal solicitation strategies; Meet fundraising goals and report results.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual giving program to generate financial support for the Rivier University Fund and other annual fundraising programs. Develop and implement plans, including goals and objectives, and monitor and revise plans to meet established goals.
- Develop creative content and execute a comprehensive direct mail program, working with external partners and vendors.
- Manage the University’s online donation page as well as online fundraising campaigns utilizing social media, including annual Day of Giving.
- Routinely analyze and report results on individual campaigns and progress toward annual giving goals.
- Develop and execute alumni programs and events with the goal of cultivating alumni and maintaining long-term connection with the University.
- Recruit Reunion Class Representatives and execute reunion giving programs with the goal of increasing support and participation at Alumni Reunion Weekend.
- Direct the Rivier University Alumni Council (the representative body of the Alumni Association) and develop strategies to maximize their visibility to alumni and the Rivier community. Recruit Council members and leadership with the goal of developing a diverse and influential group of alumni leaders.
- Write content for a variety of alumni communications including monthly alumni e-mail newsletter, event invitations, website, and social media. Routinely update website content and alumni social media pages.
- Develop and maintain a competitive portfolio of alumni benefits and services.
- Provide oversight of the Rivier Institute for Senior Education, providing opportunities to connect participants with the University with the goal of friend-raising and fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in a Development, Advancement, or Alumni Relations Office in an educational setting, preferably higher education.
- Demonstrated record of fundraising accomplishments including personal solicitation of individual donors, as well as fundraising through direct mail and online initiatives.
- Experience utilizing a donor database to extract and update constituent information.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple short- and long-term projects.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Understanding of commitment to the ethics of the profession, including but not limited to confidentiality and privacy issues.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume or CV and the names of 3 professional references to [email protected] or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next s