Associate Director of Development, Regional
Rice UniversityHouston, TX
Are you a seasoned Annual Gift Officer that is looking to transition into Major gifts? Rice University seeks a dynamic Associate Director of Development, Regional. Reporting to the Director of Development – Team Lead, the Associate Director will plan, organize and manage the development of major gift support for university fundraising priorities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating closely with the University Deans, faculty, administrators, key volunteers, and development staff to reach fundraising goals and objectives for the assigned region.
- Personally identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors and prospects (Obtaining gifts at the $100K+ level) from a portfolio assigned by the prospect research team, in accordance with performance targets set by senior leadership.
- Assisting with the researching, writing, editing, or overseeing the preparation of persuasive and accurate solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other communication materials in support of the unit’s fund-raising activities.
- Creating an annual development plan with goals and objectives for the benefit of Rice University in consultation with development leadership, and provides regular progress updates toward those goals.
- This position may also be responsible for developing and executing the fundraising strategy for a specific campaign program priority or school.
Candidates must have a demonstrated record of accomplishment in fundraising; demonstrated success with securing leadership and/or major gift commitments; a proven ability to analyze data and make programmatic adjustments as necessary; the ability to work independently and within a team environment; and a willingness and ability to travel as required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and three (3) years of related experience including at least one year of individual major gift fundraising experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The search will continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Interested applicants should submit an application for the position of Associate Director of Development through Rice University’s online employment site at http://jobs.rice.edu/postings/18275 and must attach a resumé and letter of intent or cover letter that speaks to the advertised requirements stated herein.
Please click here to apply jobs.rice.edu.