Associate Director of Advancement
Posted on 05/18/2017
Ohio Wesleyan UniversityDelaware, OH
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Advancement Division seeks applications for an Associate Director of Advancement. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of University Advancement, the Associate Director of Advancement generates strategies for cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of gifts for significant reunion years – specifically the 50th — using annual, major and planned giving opportunities to maximize the donor’s support and engagement with the University. This position works very closely with volunteer leadership and empowers others to solicit contributions (both internally and externally) and increase engagement of Ohio Wesleyan alumni.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to manage volunteers and to handle confidential information with discretion. Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and a focus on customer service are a must for serving as a liaison with individuals from all constituencies including trustees, donors, alumni, parents, faculty, students and staff. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team, be highly motivated and take a proactive approach to his or her work.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned prospects, as well as identify new prospects, in order to strategize, cultivate, solicit, and close deferred annual and/or major gifts from 50th reunion giving prospects.
- Manage, recruit and oversee volunteer leaders and committees primarily for the 50th but also select other reunion classes.
- Develop a collaborative plan to focus on reunion years in advance (36 months prior) to filter potential $100K+ donors to MGO/PGO for cultivation and solicitation.
- Develop processes and systems to ensure proper gift counting and recording, create reports and analysis.
- Elevate the prestige of the 50th reunion program by developing a strategic communications plan for marketing and solicitations leading up to and during the 50th reunion and beyond.
- Works closely with all fundraisers in significant partnership.
- Works in tandem with Alumni Relations Director who is responsible for planning social aspects of reunion programs.
- Serves as member of Development Leadership Team.
- Responsible for managing budget, adhering to deadlines and calendars and all other administrative tasks needed to perform in this role.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or CFRE preferred.
- At least five years of related experience preferred, preferably in higher education fundraising or related industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Work style must be that of a self-starter, multi-tasking, and organized, detail-oriented.
- Must possess the ability to interact well with diverse personalities through email, phone and in person.
- Must possess the willingness to be flexible to support the mission, goals and objectives of the institution.
- Be able to articulate the value of a liberal arts education in general and the importance of Ohio Wesleyan University in particular.
- Must be willing and able to accommodate occasional travel via airplane and automobile.
- Previous experience with Raiser’s Edge or other Blackbaud database system.
- Familiarity with Ohio Wesleyan University or other liberal arts institutions a plus.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: [email protected]
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities to apply (EEOE).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.owu.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/prospective-employees/job-listings/associate-director-of-advancement/ →