Assistant Director of the Ohio Wesleyan Fund
Posted on 05/18/2017
Ohio Wesleyan University
Ohio Wesleyan University is a selective, private, undergraduate liberal arts, residential institution founded in 1842 and is located just 20 miles north of Columbus. The University’s Advancement Office seeks applications for an Assistant Director of the Ohio Wesleyan Fund. Reporting to the Annual Giving Director, and partnering with the University Advancement staff, the Assistant Director is responsible for the personal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni donors to the annual giving programs, specifically the Ohio Wesleyan Fund and Team OWU athletic fund. This position oversees fundraising eff01ts for two or four classes in reunion, and fundraising for two-three decades of classes annually as well as the fundraising efforts for Team OWU. The candidate will work in tandem with other team members for general annual fund projects in order to raise general philanthropic dollars for Ohio Wesleyan.
The successful candidate will communicate the goals and mission of Ohio Wesleyan University to donors, parents, alumni and friends through face-to-face meetings, substantive phone conversations and in writing. The successful candidate must be comfortable soliciting prospects for both general and athletics annual gifts. Some limited travel required. Occasional attendance at sporting events strongly encouraged.
The successful candidate will have experience in annual giving, with a strong emphasis on volunteer management. The candidate must be collaborative and able to thrive in a team environment. The candidate must adapt to working with alumni, parents, coaches and friends of OWU. Experience working in a higher education, athletics program or a non-profit institution preferred.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and potential donors to annual giving programs by engaging prospects in a variety of medias (face-to-face, phone, in writing). A minimum of 75 meetings in addition to extensive phone calls.
- Develop fundraising goals and strategies to realize both leadership gifts and participation for annual giving programs, specifically the Ohio Wesleyan Fund and Team OWU fund. This encompasses both leadership reunion gifts and extensive reunion class participation.
- In partnership with Alumni Relations, oversees the recruitment, training, motivation, and management of fundraising volunteers for two or four class reunion programs.
- Work in partnership with Alumni Relations on athletic alumni reunions; specifically the strategy and execution of solicitations.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, motivation, and management of class fundraising volunteers for two or four decades of classes.
- Provides information and assistance to volunteers to support their peer to peer recruitment, solicitations, and other Follow up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned responsibilities.
- In partnership with University Athletics, develops fundraising goals, strategies and manages the execution of the annual athletic golf outing; and oversees the recruitment, training, motivation and management of the golf outing volunteers.
- Effectively communicate results of contacts to appropriate personnel, such as other University Advancement and University staff and utilize Raiser’s Edge to document the call reports and other relevant information about donor and prospect moves management.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and a minimum of one to three (1-3) years of fundraising experience, preferably in the field of higher education in which at least one (1) year included personal solicitation of donors or management of volunteers. Other qualifications include: the ability to travel for occasional personal solicitation and to attend regional events and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings, organize and work with volunteers, strong computer skills, attention to detail, a basic knowledge of athletics, ability to take initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a valid driver license.
Completed application packets will include:
- Cover Letter with salary requirements,
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- The names, titles, & contact information for three professional references.
Please email application materials to: [email protected]
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities to apply (EEOE).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.owu.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/prospective-employees/job-listings/assistant-director-of-the-ohio-wesleyan-fund/ →
- Next s