Director, Annual Giving
Posted on 08/09/2018
Ohio UniversityDublin, OH
The Director of Development for Annual Giving is responsible for the content management and execution of marketing strategies for annual giving including direct mail, telephone, and email solicitations for all of Ohio University. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining annual fund and mid-level donor capacity and increasing the annual financial support for Ohio University’s students, faculty and programs in order to achieve fundraising objectives and goals as defined by University Advancement. This is a high level position within annual giving that will communicate regularly with deans, vice presidents, and lead unit major gift officers.
- Build and sustain relationships with constituents through a comprehensive array of communications based on priorities and goals that coincide with strategic plans. Implement a communications/appeals strategic plan designed to increase giving to the University. (30%)
- Implement direct mail, email, and phone strategies, solicitation messages, and the distribution of messages, while integrating Advancement initiatives and utilizing Alumni Relations channels and tools. This includes concept design, message development, data coordination, and vendor relations. Serve as a liaison to colleges/units for messaging. Effectively manage the high level and vast number of communications on behalf of the Annual Giving Office. (30%)
- Handle donor inquiries. Provide superior customer service to present, potential, and past donors. Take action to address global issues when they arise. (20%)
- Track and report results. Improve fundraising and communication processes. (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- At least six (6) years of work related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
The hiring range is $44,117 – $57,352. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package which includes health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for the employee and his or her eligible dependents.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact information.
- PERMANENT WORK SITE LOCATION IS SUBJECT TO ATHENS or DUBLIN CAMPUS PER NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE SELECTED CANDIDATE. *
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by August 23, 2018.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Please click here to apply www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.
- Next s