Director of Annual Giving
Northwood UniversityMidland, MI
Northwood University seeks a dedicated professional to serve as Director of Annual Giving to be responsible for creating, adapting and executing a comprehensive strategic plan using coordinated communication and solicitation strategies that will build The Northwood Fund, regularly solicit philanthropic gifts of increasing value from alumni and charitable friends, and create a sustainable and growing tradition of annual financial support.
- Oversees Northwood University’s annual fund to coordinate solicitation of alumni and friends
- Implements best practices in cooperation with Advancement Records in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving and the University as a whole
- Actively prospects for new donors of Northwood University and understands that annual giving enables successful major gift and estate planning programs
- Works within segments of Northwood University alumni populations to increase alumni participation rates
- Creates and reinforces a culture of philanthropy on the flagship residential campus
- Cultivates major gift prospects and solicits gifts to advance the mission of Northwood University
- Engages faculty and staff to assist with alumni giving and major gift opportunities
- Implements and manages events that fortify the bond between Northwood and its constituencies
- Develops budget and manages Parent Program and Private Donor Scholarship Coordinator position
- Leads the Phonathon and sets strategic goals for the parent program and the private donor scholarship program
- Possess a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field
- Travel and work during evenings, weekends, mornings and in coordination with events (requires a valid driver’s license and must meet NU insurability standards)
- Write effectively, concisely and according to Northwood University’s adopted style
- Skillfully use Microsoft Office Suite programs and technology required for the position
The ideal candidate will have a strong attraction to Northwood University’s institutional philosophy known as the “Northwood Idea.” More information about Northwood University’s philosophy, mission, and outcomes can be found at: http://www.northwood.edu/about
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Please click here to apply northwood.csod.com.