Director of Annual Giving
Newton-Wellesley HospitalNewton, MA
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Director of Annual Giving is primarily responsible for the overall strategy and development of the annual giving program for Newton-Wellesley Hospital (NWH). Program elements include direct mail, e-philanthropy, memorial, grateful patient, honor-a-caregiver, social philanthropy, website management, employee giving campaigns, lower-level portfolio management, staff training and management, volunteer management. Significant focus will be establishing collaborative working relationships with colleagues in an effort to help identify major gift prospects through annual giving programs.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive direct marketing campaign raising significant funds annually for NWH via a robust direct mail program and a monthly donor acquisition program, email solicitations, social networking strategies and employee campaigns.
- With direction from the Assistant Vice President, the Annual Fund Director is responsible for developing and implementing solicitations and stewardship plans for a young professional’s group and other affinity programs as necessary.
- Responsible for developing strategies to improve donor retention for current donors under $25,000 through consistent and creative stewardship and engagement activities, including events, impact reporting, and gift club benefits.
- Manages a portfolio of high-end annual giving donors.
- Responsible for implementing the grateful patient acquisition program by cultivating and soliciting patients via monthly mailings, and creative strategies for improving first time donor retention.
- Proactively provides an on-going analysis of fundraising progress for annual giving efforts, and stays abreast of trends in non-profit fundraising to ensure that NWH is utilizing best practices.
- Responsible for requesting and managing complex data requests needed to establish effective mailings and reports.
- Develops relationships with and monitors performance of vendors for the production of mass communication solicitations, stewardship, and other communications to prospects.
- Participates as an ad-hoc participant in event strategy meetings for the purposes of developing pre and post annual giving strategies.
- Participates as an ad-hoc participant in major gift strategy meetings for the purposes of sharing new donors acquired that could populate a major gift officer’s portfolio.
- Regularly tracks and reports progress to the Assistant Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in annual giving development.
- Knowledge of fund development, annual giving program accounting, and statistics.
- Knowledge to develop strategies and plans for immediate and long-range fund development programs.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and persuasively with a variety of influential internal and external contacts.
- Analytical skills necessary to implement effective annual giving strategies, identify potential sources of contributions, and develop short and long-term development goals and objectives.
Please click here to apply partners.taleo.net.