Executive Director, Annual Giving
Posted on 03/06/2018
New York UniversityNew York, NY
This position is located in a Central Business Unit that supports the entire University. Responsible for setting strategic direction, executing, and managing all aspects of the University’s entire Annual Giving Program, including the phone-a-thon and direct mail programs, gifts societies, online giving, NYU Giving Day, Crowdfunding, parents program and the undergraduate program. Advises all non-UDAR school Annual Fund directors and is responsible for University-wide fundraising goal of over $35M. Typically supervises/manages Annual Giving, Direct Marketing and Digital Giving teams (11 Administrators and 2 Admin Aides).
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education: Master’s in Marketing
Required Experience: 8-10 years’ related experience or equivalent combination. Must include experience with annual fund, volunteer management, frontline fundraising, and staff supervision.
Preferred Experience: Experience in an academic, non-profit and/or development environment.
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, build a team atmosphere and interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to strategize and meet fundraising goals.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Established fundraiser that can raise money.
- Training and mentoring skills.
- The ability to work with strategic plans and financial concepts.
- Must be able to relate to a broad range of donor from recent graduates to retirees.
- Must have experience in closing smaller annual fund gifts as well as major and planned gifts.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2apply.net.