Leadership Giving Officer
Montclair State UniversityLittle Falls, NJ
The Leadership Giving Officer will be responsible for increasing the level of support of current annual giving donors who have the capacity to elevate their giving to leadership levels. The successful candidate will understand the value of building authentic relationships with individuals and proactively manage a consistently shifting portfolio of prospects which will include current as well as prospective donors. By so doing, the Leadership Giving Officer will be strengthening the pipeline for future leadership and major gifts.
- Frontline fundraising/prospect outreach: identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership donors and prospects for increased levels of annual support or special gifts during the fiscal year.
- Manage a portfolio of 250 annual giving donors as well as discovery prospects.
- Conduct a minimum of 200 visits annually
- Guided by the direction and scope of a donor’s or prospect’s interest, actively collaborate with colleagues in the division or appropriate academic units to establish engagement strategies in alumni relations, annual giving, leadership giving, major gifts, or planned giving.
- Through discussion with donors and prospects assess their approximate gift capacity, inclination to give and areas of affinity.
- File contact and action reports in Raisers Edge in a timely manner.
- Effectively connect donors and prospects, if appropriate, to fundraising colleagues whose constituent units or areas of expertise align with the donor’s or the prospect’s interest.
- Responsible for core fundraising metrics including early donor/prospect outreach, face-to-face visits, indication of new prospects, growth in cumulative giving, dollars raised, and donors secured.
- Transition high potential leadership donors/prospects to appropriate major gift officer.
- Coordinate and attend events in conjunction with other staff in the Development Division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three years relevant professional experience in annual giving/frontline fundraising.
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to the Division and University business and confidential donor/prospect information.
- Experienced and detailed self-starter able to secure personal appointments, quality donors/prospects and solicit effectively.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in developing program goals, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to represent the institution well
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expertise to utilize donor databases.
- Proven administrative ability to provide direction to staff and volunteers in accomplishing established goals and objectives and maintain office activities with respect to established procedures and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge or Raisers Edge is a plus.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Travel is required and requires flexibility in work hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Preference given to direct experience in frontline fundraising in higher education.
To be considered, candidates will need to submit a resume and cover letter.
Department: Major Gifts and Development Leadership
Position Type: Administrative
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the website at -www.montclair.edu/human-resources/about-us/eo-aa-and-diversity/
To apply for this job please visit montclair.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s