Annual Giving Marketing Coordinator
Posted on 10/12/2017
Milton AcademyMilton, MA
Milton Academy is an independent college preparatory K-12 school, boarding and day in grades 9-12, located eight miles south of Boston.
Milton Academy cultivates in its students a passion for learning and a respect for others. Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, we create a community in which individuals develop competence, confidence and character. Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers, unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success and to live by our motto, “Dare to be true.”
The Development and Alumni Relations seeks an Annual Giving Marketing Coordinator to advance the strategic mission of Milton by building a strong and robust program of giving to the Milton Fund. The individual in this position will maintain a strong focus on Milton Fund dollars and participation, helping to grow support from alumni, parents, faculty and friends through strategic and varied marketing initiatives, targeted direct mail and e-appeals, and social media.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Advance the success of Dare: The Campaign for Milton through a robust and pro-active annual giving program; grow the culture of philanthropy at Milton.
- Develop a working knowledge of Milton Academy in general, and funding priorities specifically, to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Direct Mail: In partnership with the Director of Milton Fund, create a strategic and targeted program of direct marketing, leveraging variable content to increase appeal personalization; write marketing text, select images, coordinate production with mailhouses; create and prepare in-house letters to target groups such as LYBUNTS, class mailing from volunteers, loyalty mailings, and head of school letters.
- E-Marketing: In partnership with the Director of the Milton Fund, create a strategic and personalized e-marketing program; leverage online tools to increase personalization and dynamic content.
- Digital Marketing: In collaboration with the Director of the Milton Fund and the Director of Communications and Engagement, create video, digital and social media content for use in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding of Milton Fund donors, including content for Giving Day, which raises over 800 gifts in 24-hours through a strong email and social media presence.
- Website: Maintain Milton Fund pages and update content as needed including Giving Day webpage, tagboard and Milton Fund donor honor rolls.
- Reporting: Analyze marketing metrics to ensure increase participation in the Milton Fund and the success of marketing efforts; track success of appeals; prepare routine dollar and participation reports for the purposes of tracking Milton Fund metrics and distributing data to volunteers; track e-mail and web analytics.
- Support Milton Fund stewardship events; produce materials for Thank-a-Giver Day, new donor welcome packets, Milton Loyal mailings, impact reports, and gifts.
- Maintain a comprehensive Milton Fund solicitation, event and stewardship calendar; update Milton Fund information in shared department marketing mail calendar and represent the Milton Fund team during monthly mail and marketing meetings.
- Ensure the work of the Milton Fund is strategically aligned with Dare: The Campaign for Milton and the strategic plan, including core messaging, design and copywriting quality, and print production standards; adhere to School and Milton Fund style guides.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree and have at two to three years of fundraising, alumni relations, or related experience. Also Strong computer skills and command of Microsoft Office including Word merges and Excel; some database experience. Experience using Raiser’s Edge, Evertrue, Photoshop and InDesign preferred.
Other required experience and abilities: Excellent interpersonal skills, a cheerful demeanor in the office and interacting with alumni, parents, friends, colleagues and business professionals. Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively. Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision. Thorough, accurate, and concise verbal and written communication skills. Excellent editing and proofreading skills. Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and overall organization. Strong computer skills and a willingness to learn more. Proven ability to plan, coordinate and implement multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines. Possess superior analytic skills allowing for the interpretation and analysis of various forms of data. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor and demonstrate credibility, integrity, discretion and confidentiality. Must be receptive to supervision and professional development.
To apply for this job please visit www.milton.edu.
- Next s