Director of Annual Giving
Posted on 08/08/2017
Marietta CollegeMarietta, OH
Marietta College seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director of Annual Giving.
Overview of the Position:
- Direct and manage the development of a comprehensive annual giving program in support of Marietta College’s mission.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to meet marketing, participation and financial objectives of the annual giving program.
- Personally manage a portfolio of prospects for identification, cultivation and solicitation of leadership annual gifts to Marietta College.
- Willingness to travel for individual visits, events and leadership annual gifts solicitations.
- Responsible for management and success of Annual Giving programs including, but not limited to: Statistical Analysis, President’s Circle Program, Faculty and Staff Drive, Pioneer Club growth plan, Direct Mail, Cotton Society, Reunion Giving, Parent Program, Senior Challenge/Student Philanthropy, and Phonathon.
Reports to: Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Personally develop relationships, make solicitations, and build a pipeline of prospect to support Marietta College through leadership annual gifts of $1,835 or more.
- Establish and meet annual goals for personal visits, gifts solicitation, the Annual Fund, and specifically The Marietta Fund and its associated programs.
- Work with the Associate Director of Stewardship to successfully execute segmented marketing mailing/campaigns.
- Develop programs to increase both annual giving dollars and alumni participation.
- Lead the continued development of a comprehensive annual fund program. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving, establish a 3-5 year operating plan for the Fund to reach longer term programmatic goals.
- Develop and execute an annual operating plan to reach annual financial goals.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to grow the President’s Circle program.
- Oversee budget management through thoughtful planning and delivery.
- Supervise Annual Giving staff members.
- Provide leadership to program staff and volunteers in their efforts to meet annual and long-term goals.
- Serve as an annual giving resource to Advancement leadership, alumni board members, and other members of the advancement team.
- Report timely progress of Fund and associated programs as necessary.
- Be actively engaged with annual giving and philanthropic community, regionally and/or nationwide.
- Work with staff to provide effective and timely stewardship to all annual donors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving and the Vice President for Advancement, or designee.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or additional education/certification preferred.
- Three or more years of fund raising experience, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated successful experience of program development or program management (2 or more years experience).
- Two or more years of effective volunteer management experience preferred
- Prior professional management/supervisory experience is required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. All applications/resumes must be submitted via this online process. We regret that we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please be sure to provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.
Marietta College is an equal opportunity educator and employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. Veterans and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Marietta College:
Marietta College is an independent, selective, coeducational, residential, liberal arts college of 1,200 graduate and undergraduate students located in the historic river city of Marietta, Ohio. The city of 15,000 is part of a larger metro area of 150,000 located about two hours from Columbus and Pittsburgh.
The College traces its roots to 1797, was formally chartered in 1835, and was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1860, only the 16th institution in the nation then so honored. Today, Marietta College is recognized annually by the U.S. News and World Report as one of the top regional liberal arts colleges in the Midwest, while the community is regularly cited for its high quality of life and reasonable cost of living.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://marietta.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=BDB19FEF216574E38D28C94B51613569?JOBID=87386 →