Major Gifts Officer
Posted on 01/19/2018
Lafayette CollegeEaston, PA
Lafayette College offers an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to become part of an accomplished development team. Lafayette is a highly selective, liberal arts college with an endowment ranked in the top 2% nationally of independent colleges. Presently, the College is in the public phase of its $400M Live Connected, Lead Change capital campaign and recently completed two of the most successful fundraising years in its 190-year history. The major gifts officer will report to the Director of Major Gifts and play a critical role in raising impactful philanthropic resources to help Lafayette meet its ambitious capital campaign goal while advancing the College’s strategic direction as outlined by the Board of Trustees and President Alison Byerly.
Description of Duties:
As a member of the Major Gifts team, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct approximately 150 face-to-face visits during the fiscal year
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate a prospect pool of highly rated individuals
- Solicit and close five, six, and seven-figure gifts
- Attend on and off-campus donor events
- Form collaborative team partnerships with other major gift officers and development staff members
- Perform other responsibilities upon request, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional development or equivalent experience with a demonstrated track record of soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts
- Possess well developed listening, written, and interpersonal skills with a touch of creativity
- Ability to travel some nights and weekends for donor events and prospect visits
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and database familiarity
- A high level of energy, initiative, innovation, and sense of humor are essential
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing job qualifications and the names of three professional references via interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/47475.
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of sex); the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of disability); Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national origin); and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (which requires that the College not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin); and other applicable laws and College policies.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.
- Next s