Assistant Director of Annual and Leadership Giving
Posted on 10/13/2017
Lafayette CollegeEaston, PA
Lafayette College offers an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to become part of an accomplished development team. Lafayette is a highly selective, liberal arts college with an endowment ranked in the top 2% nationally of independent colleges. Presently, the College is in the public phase of its $400M Live Connected, Lead Change capital campaign and recently completed one of the most successful fundraising years in its 190-year history. The Assistant Director of Annual and Leadership Giving will report to the Director of Annual and Leadership Giving and will assist in raising critical philanthropic resources to help Lafayette meet its ambitious capital campaign goal while advancing the College’s new strategic direction as recently outlined by the Board of Trustees and President Alison Byerly. The successful candidate must have an appreciation for liberal learning and the ability to engage constituents from diverse backgrounds.
As a member of the Annual and Leadership Giving team, the successful candidate will:
- Manage and solicit assigned prospect portfolio of approx. 275 to increase annual dollars, participation, and meet or exceed campaign solicitation goals;
- Collaborate with Annual and Leadership Giving Officers to construct a balanced visit (approx. 150/yr) and outreach strategy which includes cultivation, discovery and volunteer visits;
- Assume strategic responsibility for reunion and volunteer programs to ensure that class coverage is sufficient for peer-to- peer solicitation and volunteers are trained in fundraising strategies.
- Manage Annual and Leadership Giving data analysis and reporting
- Assist in the overall efforts of the Annual and Leadership Giving team
- Form collaborative team partnerships with major gift officers, divisional staff, and members of the Communication Division
- Perform other responsibilities upon request, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of one to three years of professional development or equivalent experience with annual giving or marketing experience preferred
- Possess well developed listening, written, and interpersonal skills with a creative mindset
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Strong experience with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, iModules, or similar products
- Strong experience working with large databases and capability to perform detailed data analyses
- Candidate should have a high level of energy and be team oriented
- An ability and willingness to take initiative and a sense of humor are essential
- An ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: http://apply.interfolio.com/46145
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community, one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit apply.interfolio.com.
- Next s