Director of Annual Giving
Posted on 03/05/2018
Kutztown University FoundationKutztown, PA
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive multi-faceted annual giving program that includes personal solicitation of prospects, donors, direct mail, phonathons and online solicitation strategies. The director is responsible for building a program that generates unrestricted and budget-relieving revenue for the university by setting strategically aligned revenue and participation goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and the Senior Director of Development to develop annual goals and objectives. Analyze existing annual giving programs and goals; use results to determine new strategies and to determine appropriate modifications. Also, use results to develop a set of acceptable evaluation mechanisms and benchmarks to establish how future success will be measured.
- Develops and manages solicitation strategies for all donor constituencies including alumni/ae, friends, parents, faculty and staff. Working collaboratively with other key college departments and faculty/staff on special projects including athletic fundraising, the class gift campaign, reunion giving and the annual faculty/staff and parents campaigns.
- Manages a prospect portfolio of Keystone Fund prospects, including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors targeted to give $250 or more. Personally manages 35-50 prospects and solicits leadership level gifts ($1000 +).
- Writes and/or directs the development of printed materials used to promote and solicit Keystone Fund contributions, including solicitation letters, brochures, email correspondence and response devices.
- Plans, implements and manages all components of the phonathon including hiring and supervising students: Setting Phonathon goals, solicitation strategies and schedules. Ensuring the timely completion of gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders.
- Manage direct mail and personalized mail solicitations and communications strategies.
- Supervises the design and production of solicitations and supporting materials.
- Creates and manages strategies to acquire new donors, renew LYBUNTS and recapture SYBUNTS.
- Develops and manages social media plan to receive gifts through credit cards and automatic bank drafts.
- Ensures the timely and consistent production of weekly and year-to-date reports. Evaluate and analyzes progress toward Keystone Fund goals with regular and timely reporting.
- Works with the Database Manager to maintain and update donor records.
- Prepares and manages the Keystone Fund budget.
- Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic and annual giving trends.
All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Senior Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of relevant advancement experience. Campaign experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a challenging environment.
- Thorough knowledge of standard desktop software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to learn to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents and volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators, students and other staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown University Foundation missions.
- Occasional night and weekend work required.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by Friday, March 2nd to:
Kutztown University Foundation
PO Box 151
Kutztown, PA 19530
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org