Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Kutztown University FoundationKutztown, PA
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will primarily lead, plan, and execute Kutztown University’s annual phonathon program. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving is also responsible for outreach to the undergraduate student body by coordinating programming for undergraduate giving and the Senior Class Gift. This key development position will play a critical role in growing KU’s alumni participation and creating a culture of philanthropy on campus. The Assistant Director will also work closely with the Director of Annual Giving and Foundation staff to implement a multi-channel, data-driven program that includes direct mail, e-solicitation, crowdfunding, social media, and personal solicitation. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving position will play a crucial role as the KU Foundation embarks on a major comprehensive fundraising campaign in FY19. We encourage applicants to learn more about the Kutztown University Foundation by visiting: www.kuf.org.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the phonathon program and nightly calling sessions
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage a staff of approximately 25 student callers and two student supervisors
- Develop scripts, rebuttals, new/returning caller training materials, and fulfillment paperwork as needed
- Establish ongoing relationships with prospects through face-to-face visits, phone calls, and meaningful donor encounters that will lead to an annual leadership
- Track Annual Giving performance across all channels and generate performance reports as needed
- Work with undergraduate volunteers to expose students to philanthropy and the significance of being an alum
- Assists with the strategy development and implementation for increasing recurring giving
- Manage undergraduate giving and Senior Class Gift program
- Serve as the development liaison to external direct mail vendor(s)
- Works with the Foundation staff to develop marketing materials that promote annual giving.
- Assisting Foundation colleagues during major events, including but not limited to Campaign activities, Homecoming and Alumni Weekend. Providing staffing and organizational support for occasional campus and regional events
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of one year of relevant advancement experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a challenging environment.
- Thorough knowledge of standard desktop software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to learn to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Supervisory experience is a must (specifically for college students/young adults).
Also, candidates should have:
- Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents, and volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators, students, and other staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown University Foundation missions.
- Night and weekend work required.
The position will remain open until filled; however, preference is given to applications received by May 27, 2019
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Kutztown University Foundation
PO Box 151
Kutztown, PA 19530
To apply for this job please visit www.google.com.
- Next s