Operations and Data Analysis Manager
Posted on 09/14/2018
Johns Hopkins University and MedicineBaltimore, MD
The Manager of Operations and Data Analysis at Johns Hopkins University reports to the Director of Operations & Data Analysis and is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of data management for the central Office of Annual Giving (OAG) at Johns Hopkins. The manager serves as a strategic partner and service provider in a decentralized university and development environment. OAG provides annual giving services to the nine divisions of the university, multiple departments of Johns Hopkins Medicine, and several centers and institutes, totaling 35 development units in all. These annual giving services comprise providing strategy and execution planning around securing current use, expendable funds as well as building and retaining a long term pipeline of support for each of these units.
Working with the Director, provide strategic services include developing integrated comprehensive and integrated solicitation strategies that are optimal for each development unit. Like all offices and units in Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), the central Office of Annual giving is committed to a donor-directed philanthropy philosophy. Donors and prospects across the units served include alumni, parents, friends, faculty, and staff. The manger will be an effective leader and will exhibit excellent quantitative and analytical capabilities, understanding of donor segmentation, and project management.
He or she manages a team of 2 direct reports.
Using the institutions’ donor database, ALADIN, facilitate direct mail and electronic data requests based on development unit goals and solicitation strategy. Partner with OAG colleagues to provide data quality and integration to mail houses, the institution’s phonathon program managed by Ruffalo Noel Levitz, Reeher, and other vendors. Manage data request uploads onto the institution’s annual giving calendar and provide strategic analysis of revenue and donor acquisition to assist with the creation and/or usage of a solicitation module, annual giving predictive models, dashboards, and trend analysis for development units. Assist with the strategic direction and provide oversight for key pan-institutional or multi-unit programs, including giving days and the Homewood Schools reunion giving program. Partner with members of DAR to identify and track to facilitate optimization of return on investment (ROI) of multi-channel solicitation methods.
- Bachelor’s degree with a least three years of progressive experience in data analysis and data operations.
- Comfortable working in a complex, multi-divisional, results-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated success in project management when overseeing multiple priorities
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Ability to identify multi-variables needed to optimize engagement and predictive indices.
- Experience in working strategically with data quality vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation capabilities.
- Strong desire to succeed and excellent work ethic.
- Filemaker Pro, Crystal Reports and SQL.
- Experience in using data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau or similar).
Please click here to apply jobs.jhu.edu.