Major Gifts Officer
Posted on 11/21/2017
Jesuit College Preparatory School of DallasDallas, TX
The Major Gifts Officer at Jesuit Dallas is responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of donors and prospective donors in support of Jesuit’s funding goals and initiatives. Reporting to the vice president of advancement, the ideal candidate is self-motivated with a proven track record of successful relationship building and securing of philanthropic gifts.
- Cultivate, solicit, steward, and manage a portfolio of 150-200 major gift prospects including alumni, parents, parents of grads, etc.
- Solicit gifts directly, work with advancement staff, administration, faculty and key volunteers to implement successful solicitation strategies
- Collaborate with members of the advancement staff on other activities such as events, gift recognition, reporting etc. that supports the School’s advancement activity
- Assist in major solicitation proposals which may include reports and related communication materials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact with multiple constituencies
- Ability to communicate the philosophy and mission of the School as part of the cultivation process
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of donor gifts and the ability to strategize, formulate and close gifts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with three or more years of experience in a fundraising or sales environment
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday (occasional nights/weekends)
- Full-time position, 40+ hours per week
- Compensation commensurate with education and experience and a full benefits package
- Minimal travel may be required
Please submit resume with cover letter to Natalie Devero at [email protected]
Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas, a 75-year old institution, offers young men in grades 9-12 an excellent Catholic education in the classical Jesuit tradition with the purpose of forming a community of men of high moral principles and service to others. With over 1,100 students, 11,000 living alumni, 150 faculty and staff, and thousands of supporters and friends, Jesuit Dallas is a nationally recognized secondary educational institution.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com