Director of Annual Giving
Jacksonville UniversityJacksonville, FL
- Jacksonville University is a premier, small, private university with an enrollment of 4,500 students on a 260-acre riverfront campus in Jacksonville, Florida. Just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, Jacksonville University is a residential university with an academic focus on the traditional liberal arts, as well as select professional programs. Our diverse student body comes from Florida’s First Coast, 45 states and 50 countries. The University’s educational process respects individuality and puts emphasis on leadership development; it is demanding and accountable in that it sets expectations for its graduates, which transcend skill training, delivery of information and exposure to knowledge. The Jacksonville University vision sees its graduates as leaders with global sensitivity and ethical purpose.
- Jacksonville University invites applications for the position of Director of Annual Giving. We are seeking dynamic individuals committed to our shared mission of enhancing the JU experience for all students through philanthropy.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Annual Giving & Alumni Engagement, the Director of Annual Giving will provide strategic direction and both long and short-range planning in the context of increasing unrestricted giving while helping to identify prospects and grow the major and planned giving pipeline.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record as a self-starter and creative thinker, who is also an action-oriented fundraiser with a sense of urgency and passion for implementing strategies and tactics.
- This position is located in Advancement Hall.
Essential Job Duties
- Focus on renewing and upgrading current donors, as well as increasing the overall participation rate of all constituencies through the acquisition of new donors.
- Design and execute appeals targeted towards specific constituent groups such as alumni, parents and families, faculty & staff, etc.
- Assist in the writing and production of fundraising communication vehicles, including newsletters, e-news, brochures, reports and other projects aimed at educating, informing and engaging current and prospective donors
- Development and execution of micro-campaigns (Day of Giving) and special fundraising efforts – experience with Give Campus or other Day of Giving platforms preferred!
- Focus on new and emerging technologies in order to stay relevant with the trends and patterns in donor preferences and habits
- Recruiting, managing and acknowledging assigned volunteer groups (Reunion, Affinity or other)
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Preferably in: Communications, Business, or Marketing
- 4-6 years in fundraising, sales, higher education, or other relative experience
- Experience in digital and online fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment, while providing superior constituent service
- Excellent oral, written, computer, problem-solving, critical thinking, and fiscal management skills
- Strong initiative, creativity, and attention to detail
Please click here to apply www.ju.edu.
- Next s