Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement – Reunions
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
Founded in 1850, Illinois Wesleyan University (IWU) is an independent, residential, Liberal Arts University with roughly 1,750 students. Nestled between three metropolitan areas (Chicago, St. Louis, MO, Indianapolis, IN), the Bloomington-Normal community is home to four institutions of higher education, and numerous eateries, fun activities, and civic engagement opportunities. Through the promotion and affirmation of diversity in all its forms, IWU creates a campus environment where students, faculty and staff will engage people from different backgrounds and encounter a plurality of experiences.
The University’s Office for Advancement/Alumni Engagement invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement-Reunions. This full-time position is responsible for developing and implementing alumni engagement strategies for Class Reunion programming. The Assistant Director will manage the program with effective leadership of setting class gift goals, volunteer management, communications and event planning. In conjunction with Engagement leadership, this position provides critical oversight to the University’s goals related to engagement needs and interests of the alumni. Through a thorough understanding of the alumni population and its culture, the Assistant Director will develop and oversee best practices that enhance alumni participation. Through coordination and communication of reunion efforts and reunion giving, this role fosters collaboration and synergy between engaged alumni and the fundraising efforts of IWU.
- Develop and manage class reunion program with participation and giving goals in collaboration with the Director of Alumni Engagement, Director of Annual Giving and Assistant Vice President of Engagement. Responsible for implementing a comprehensive communications and volunteer recruitment plan. This includes developing concise and creative messaging of class gift solicitations in partnership with the Annual Giving staff. Development, plan and execute reunion programs/events in coordination with appropriate staff members and volunteers. Work with Events Coordinator to create reunion programs/events during Homecoming Weekend.
- Recruit and train alumni volunteers for class reunion chair and co-chair roles. This includes traveling to meet with alumni and develop rapport. Making phone calls, hosting and/or participating in meetings to develop class giving goals and plans. Working with all classes to ensure success of Reunion Weekend activities.
- Develop and implement communications and outreach efforts in support of Reunion Program goals. This may include writing and/or editing content for emails, e-newsletters, magazine, web and social media. Create processes for tracking outreach response. Develop compelling marketing materials and high quality written communications with a high level of customer service for alumni.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with seniors as they transition into alumni with goal of supporting reunion programming. Create ways to engage Young Alumni to develop their affinity for reunion programming and overall engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years’ experience managing volunteers; working in higher education (alumni relations) preferred
- Experience in writing and managing communications
- Experience with budget management
- Experience using fundraising software/databases such as Advance, Salesforce, iModules, and/or Blackbaud products
- Supervise student workers, part or full-time interns, and part-time volunteers
- Ability to lift 15 pounds for occasional event set up
- Travel as necessary for program management, events and activities
Application Information :
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. The University is committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion. Please feel free to share any opportunities you have had in collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin April 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.
Please click here to apply www.iwu.edu.
- Next s