Associate Director of Annual Giving
Haverford CollegeHaverford, PA
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt, benefit eligible Associate Director of Annual Giving. Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding of single year and multi-year commitments, specifically within The 1833 Society and the President’s Circle, are the Associate Director’s top priorities as part of an integral annual giving program. The Associate Director will also manage The 1833 Society and the leadership volunteers associated with it.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Prospect Management (⅔ time)
- Maintain, categorize, administer, and actively manage a prospect pool of approximately 250 alumni, parents, and friends of Haverford College.
- The majority of prospects live and/or work on the West Coast, in Boston, and in Philadelphia/NJ/NYC.
- Secure a minimum of 75 meetings per year, with goals established annually with the Director of Annual Giving.
- Qualify and prepare solicitation strategies for identified prospects (most of whom are rated between $25,000 and $99,999). Solicit and secure leadership level commitments from these prospects and in certain situations (in consultation with the AVP of Individual Giving) solicit and secure Major and/or Planned Gifts and help identify new members of the Jacob Jones Society.
- Work closely with the Prospect Research team and other members of IA to manage identified prospects and to recognize, identify, and introduce new prospects into the donor pipeline.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Donor Relations on prospect follow-up, Letter of Intent creation, and acknowledgement of gift commitments.
1833 Society and Volunteer Management: (⅓ time)
- 1833 Society
- Help establish goals for 1833 Society gifts between $1,833 and $9,999, inclusive of young alumni levels, and assume responsibility for tracking progress;
- Personally solicit unassigned donors with leadership-level asks, either in person, by phone, or email;
- Provide regular progress updates and program recommendations to the Director of Annual Giving.
- Volunteer Management:
- Manage the Leadership Gifts Committee (LGC) of the Annual Giving Steering Committee;
- Partner with the chair of the committee to maintain and train a group of 12-15 alumni who will solicit and steward 1833 Society gifts from alumni rated below $100,000;
- Establish metrics and goals for the LGC;
- Manage volunteer assignments, including any requests for volunteer assistance for prospects rated at/above $100,000;
- Provide updates to volunteers to enhance their efforts and to ensure they are effective in collaboration with the Assoc. Dir., Annual Giving;
- Appropriately thank and steward volunteers for their work.
Other duties as assigned, in accordance with the overall goals of Annual Giving.
Line of Report: The Associate Director, Annual Giving reports to the Director of Annual Giving, and has no direct reports.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree required
- One to three years of development experience and/or direct solicitation experience required
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Knowledge of fundraising and annual giving necessary
- Travel required and possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license required
- Night and weekend work required
- Excellent management, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Familiarity with a liberal arts setting, as well as Haverford’s mission and priorities is preferred
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position:
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds): Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): Three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Annual-Giving_R188. The application deadline is Friday, August 30, 2019. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s