Associate Director of Annual Giving
Haverford CollegeHaverford, PA
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt, benefit eligible Associate Director of Annual Giving.
The Associate Director, Annual Giving plays a primary role in the fundraising efforts associated with the growth of Friends of Haverford Athletics, as well as being responsible for developing and executing comprehensive plans for other affinity group, campus priority, and special project fundraising. Additionally, the Associate Director will manage a prospect portfolio while managing a cohort of fundraising volunteers (giving advocates), including the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion class giving efforts.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for Friends of Haverford Athletics by:
- Partnering with the Alumni and Parent Relations’ athletics engagement liaison on the creation of an athletic affinity group, who will be active partners in fundraising priorities, and
- Planning, managing, and executing Friends of Haverford Athletics fundraising campaigns, and
- Helping to develop fundraising growth strategies for the program that align with institutional priorities.
Oversee the GiveCampus Social Fundraising Platform (SFP) that raises up to $250,000 annually by:
- Partnering the Annual Giving team, the Alumni and Parent Relations team, and College Communications to ensure all creative components for campaigns are prepared, including video, volunteer resources, print materials, etc. to ensure each campaign’s success, and
- Leading social media advertising efforts, as appropriate and in partnership with the Jill Sherman Fellow, for SFP campaigns.
Actively manage a prospect pool of approximately 200 Haverford alumni and parents by:
- Securing a minimum of 40-50 meetings per year, with goals established annually, with prospects who primarily live and/or work on the East Coast, between Boston and Washington D.C., and
- Qualifying and preparing solicitation strategies for identified prospects (primarily rated between $250 and $49,999). Solicit and secure leadership level commitments from these prospects and in certain situations (in consultation with the AVP of Individual Giving) solicit and secure Major and/or Planned Gifts and help identify new members of the Jacob Jones Society,
- Working closely with the Prospect Research team and other members of IA to manage identified prospects and to recognize, identify, and introduce new prospects into the donor pipeline, and
- Collaborating with the Director of Donor Relations on prospect follow-up, Letter of Intent creation, and acknowledgement of gift commitments.
Embrace volunteers as an extension of the Annual Giving team by:
- Recruiting and managing Giving Advocates from the 5th reunion through the 19th year, including the 10th and 15th reunions, and
- Collaborating with Alumni and Parent Relations on the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion committees to ensure that established fundraising goals are achieved, and
- Provide updates to volunteers to enhance their efforts and to ensure they are effective in collaboration with the Assoc. Dir., Annual Giving (who oversees the Reunion Giving Program and Giving Advocate Program), and
- Appropriately thanking and stewarding volunteers for their work.
Other responsibilities as assigned, in accordance with goals of Institutional Advancement.
Line of Report:
This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving. There are no direct reports to this position.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- One to three years of development experience and/or direct solicitation experience required.
- Experience in Annual Giving and Athletics Fundraising programs preferred.
- Experience as a former college athlete is helpful.
- Ability to discuss the importance of philanthropy in higher education and the global community.
- Familiarity with a liberal arts setting, as well as Haverford’s mission and priorities is favored.
- Must be able to think strategically and be deadline driven.
- Must be able to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- Must be able to carry out multiple activities/projects concurrently.
- This position will be required to perform both evening and weekend work. Occasional travel for events may be needed
- Possession of a valid U.S. drivers’ license, and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check are required
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Annual-Giving–Young-Alumni-Liaison_R150. The application deadline is Friday, August 9, 2019. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.