Associate Director, Development Communications, External Relations
Harvard Business SchoolBoston, MA
Reporting to the director of development communications, the associate director will be responsible for HBS’s alumni-focused direct marketing appeals program (mail, email, and social media) aimed primarily at boosting annual and reunion giving to the HBS Fund and expanding membership in the HBS Fund Investors Society, the School’s leadership annual giving society.
Building on the momentum of the School’s direct marketing appeals strategy introduced in fiscal year 2017, the associate director will be expected to make strategic enhancements and refinements informed by data analysis (from past appeals, a recent HBS Fund market research project, etc.) and best practices. She/He will also manage the day-to-day execution of the appeals program, doing so in a way that appropriately maximizes efficiency (of people and financial resources) and effectiveness in helping to meet HBS Fund and Investors Society fundraising goals.
The associate director should be a strategic and creative thinker, an advocate for the role of direct marketing, and a leader who can collaborate with and unite multiple stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness of the School’s direct marketing appeals program. She/He should be skilled at interpreting data to drive market segmentation and appeals that move prospects through the pipeline and maximize the impact of annual support.
The associate director will supervise a full-time coordinator and part-time staff assistant and work closely with a fellow Development Communications associate director responsible for appeal writing. She/He will also coordinate with the Annual and Reunion Giving team, particularly on reunion appeals, some of which are volunteer-authored, and report periodically to senior Development staff on strategies and results.
Basic Qualifications :
- BA/BS required
- 7 years of experience required preferably fundraising experience, including developing and managing sophisticated direct mail/email campaigns and, preferably, frontline fundraising experience, too
Additional Qualifications :
- Experience as a manager and mentor.
- Proven record of strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to plan and manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Understanding of analytics (modeling, stats, clustering, scoring, segmenting, etc.) to drive direct marketing strategy. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to locate, interpret, and report data from a variety of sources.
- Budget management experience.
- Advance expertise in Excel. Familiarity with BSR Advance and other Advance tools such as Qlik is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player.
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow-through.
Cover Letter is required
Please click here to apply bit.ly.
- Next s